Anyone Have A Tucano Microfiber Sleeve?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AGIPSY, Aug 2, 2008.

1. AGIPSY macrumors regular

Has anyone used a tucano microfiber mbp sleeve? I'm going to get a 15" mbp and this sleeve has rave reviews on the apple site, but they are kinda old. If you have one, I'd really appreciate it if you'd tell me how protective it is and how well it fits and other stuff along those lines. If you happen to have pics too that'd be great! Thanks a lot!

2. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

I have the sleeve and I like it. ;)
    As the name implies, the exterior is a sleek, soft microfiber. Yet at the same time its a rather boring sleeve in my opinion. The interior is just generic soft fabric. I was impressed by the quality of the sleeve, its very sturdy and thick which puts me ease if I ever were to perhaps drop it. The only thing I don't like is that there is a little piece of fabric on the inside that you have to pull over the MBP when you slid it into the sleeve, this can get annoying.
    Overall, I'll give it an 8 out of 10.

That was a really bad, quick review. I'll post pics tomorrow.

3. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

I have one and I love it. I don't mind that piece of fabric that you pull over the MBP when it's inside. As for fit, the MBP fits like a glove in this sleeve. It doesn't have a gap on either side like those other neoprene sleeves.

4. SpookyLars macrumors 6502

I have a Tucano Second Skin and I'm quite happy. I'm moving with MBP in the backpack and never had any problems. After over year, I think that this is a successful purchase :)

5. azharc macrumors member

I'm getting one with my MBP (it's available at JFK after I land). My friend raves about one he saw (the whole concept of MB being an element in the periodic table with it's weight given and all that is pretty slick).

I'd say go for it. See the pictures on Amazon etc.

6. AGIPSY thread starter macrumors regular

Oh, I didn't know there was a piece of faric inside that you had to pull over it. Could you show it in your pics if possible? Thanks so much.

7. g^3 macrumors member

I've had the same microfiber sleeve for over a year and absolutely love it. It's nice and soft and does not slip from your hands. The little piece of fabric that the other person mentioned is pretty much standard to all laptop sleeves with a zipper. It is a thin 3/4" wide piece of fabric that protects the laptop from the metal zipper. It's nothing annoying and the case closes fine if you decide not to use it.

8. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

I have it and its the best sleeve I have bought. I had the ZeroShock III, but it was too big and didnt fit in my bag. The Tucano is great with the Pro and fits in about every backpack.

9. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Here are some quick pictures.

Attached Files:

10. g^3 macrumors member

Wow. My case looks just like the one in the pictures but the flap on that case is much larger than the one on mine. The one on mine just covers the width of the laptop and does not go around it. I don't know if there's a way to tell which one you'll get.

11. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

My inside is black instead of gray and yours seems to have more padding.

12. valvehead macrumors regular

Another Tucano user here. I love it. Mine is also black on the inside.

I got it mainly because my Targus messenger bag has a little too much room in the laptop compartment. The Tucano sleeve fits in there nicely and adds a little extra padding.

The keyboard cover/screen cloth is a nice touch too.

13. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

They might have changed the design a little then, I just got it two weeks ago.
    But that flap annoys me a ton...grr.

14. AGIPSY thread starter macrumors regular

should i just get a different kind of sleeve then? I'm also looking into the incase and marware ones.

15. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

No no no, it's a great sleeve as its sturdy and easy to carry. That flap is just my only gripe about it.
    If you order it online, be prepared for some odd packaging. It came in a box that was about the size of my MBP's box. Ha.

16. pinktank macrumors 6502

I would advise a flapped one rather than one with a zipper

17. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

I have a Tucano Second Skin. It protects the Macbook from the zipper. I don't know where I'd be without it. Fits snug, and feels good. I say go for it.