Anyone have a white iPhone 4 with a white Incipio feather???

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by stcizzle, Jul 17, 2011.

1. stcizzle macrumors regular

Pics would be awesome!?!? On the Incipio website they have it pictured on a black iPhone ;( I have spent way too much on cases already and would like to see some pics before I purchase it.

I already have a black feather from when I had a black iPhone 4 but it doesn't look so great on the white iPhone.

Thanks!!!

2. ann713 macrumors 6502a

If you happen to stop by a Target, they'll have them in stock. The white feather is more of a glossy pearl white, it looks a lot different compared to the white of the iPhone. A nice case looking case but there is no lay on the table protection which was the deal-breaker for me.

3. stcizzle thread starter macrumors regular

Wow. I had no clue target carried accessories like that. Thanks a lot!!! The no lay on the table design doesnt matter much to me bc I never put the phone face down lol. I can never understand the big deal with the lay on the table. Who puts their phone down on the face!? Apparently a lot of ppl but I don't get why you would unless you just get pure joy looking at the back of the iPhone which is compromised by a case anyway or you enjoy having to turn it over to check the day And time and to see who's calling!?

Anyway, Thank you for the tip. I appreciate it!!!

4. ann713 macrumors 6502a

You're most welcome. The "lay on table" need isn't just for sliding across the table. I don't ever place my phone down face-down either. :p On a serious note, if you were to drop your phone, there's nothing protecting the screen and therefore nothing to absorb the shock. Your screen is entirely exposed. It's a big deal for me but I'm just a clumsy person!

5. stcizzle thread starter macrumors regular

I see what you're saying. But only something with a thick lip which adds too much bulk for my liking would prevent scratching from a face drop. The cases like the in case snap case make me laugh as if the 1 mm lip will protect it from a drop on the face.

6. calvy macrumors 65816

It doesn't protect the face from shattering but what it does protect from is chips in the edges of the front face glass. I dropped my iPhone 4 with a white incipio feather on and suffered gashes in the edge of the glass. I now use a pinlo blade edge on my white iPhone 4.

7. stcizzle thread starter macrumors regular

Ouch!!! I've not dropped mine yet. Hope that trend continues...

8. stcizzle thread starter macrumors regular

#1 Calvy, are u on Verizon or gsm? I've been dying to find out if the bladedge fits the CDMA iPhone!?!?!? I can't tell by the pics on pinlos site and it doesnt state either way... And no one has responded on the forums either as to whether it is CDMA compatible or not

And #2, I got the white feather today for the white iPhone since no one seems to have it so I will post pics later so everyone can see how it looks. And Ann713 previously stated that the glossy pearl is way different than the color of the white of the iPhone 4, but to be honest, it's not really noticeable unless you're staring at it intensely.

lemme know what u think when I post pics.

9. mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93

Still no pics? I wanna see if it looks any different from the white iPhone 4 in an Incase Snap Frost case from an earlier thread ;)

10. stcizzle thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry I went to dinner and a movie with my wife. Will post tomorrow sometime.

11. stcizzle thread starter macrumors regular

okay, finally, here are some pictures. sorry about the quality of the pics...i had to use the camera on my wife's iphone to shoot mine....

lemme know what you all think!!!!!

Attached Files:

12. stcizzle thread starter macrumors regular

maximum of 5 attachments!? here are the rest of the pics i took...

Attached Files:

13. mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93

Honestly? I'm not feelin the huge, open spaces it leaves on the phone :( And it looks plastic instead of smooth matte.
    I do like how on the back there's no black ring around the lens and flash though, but that's about it.

14. gokart mozart macrumors 6502

Typically, that black ring is a good thing. It absorbs any light reflected back at the phone from its own flash in certain lighting conditions. There's a purpose for it. As for the open spaces around the edges, that's par for the course with snap cases. If you want more coverage, you may want to look at something more along the lines of a slider or one piece design such as a Switcheasy Vulcan or Switcheasy Trim. If bulk is a concern, then a Vulcan over a Trim or a slider. SGP also makes nice slim cases with good coverage, but idk if they come in white.

15. kicko macrumors 65816

the thought behind the design with no black ring is that Incipio felt it was thin enough that the flash would not reflect back. I have tried it i can't say i have really noticed an "blob" issues myself.

16. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

the case looks kinda thick still. I'm rocking a pinlo slice. Kinda expensive but super thin. I'm gonna try to not remove the case as much to prevent the case from tearing but love its thinness.

Oh and like you I too don't care about lay on the table design or bulky cases for that matter.

17. stcizzle thread starter macrumors regular

I would definitely prefer the slice as well but that would be if they made a transparent white or clear one for the cdma Verizon model which they don't. All they have is an ugly checkered backed transparent black case which looks terrible on the white iPhone. (I bought it when I had a black iPhone lol)

18. stcizzle thread starter macrumors regular

Was playing around with the camera and Yes, This case does cause some washing out / white circling effects when flash pics are taken, not on all but some pics which is disappointing. Time to throw in the fail pile of about 10 other cases haha. Plastic material was also a disappointment from experiencing the nice smooth matte black version they make when I had a black iPhone.

19. Awjvail macrumors 6502

It would bother the hell out of me that the white phone and the case are two different shades of white... but that's just me.

20. chr macrumors regular

21. josun macrumors member

I have dropped my phone countless times from different heights (sometimes face down) and the incase snap case has kept my phone damage free so I don't understand what you're laughing about. :confused:

22. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

Looks cheap and incomplete - the incase snap case is a much better choice.