Anyone have an iPhone and an iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dissecta, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Dissecta macrumors member

Dissecta

Hi All,

My Vodaphone contract has run out and I'm in the process of working out if I should stick with them and get another Sony Ericsson or jump to O2 and get an iPhone.

I already have an iPod touch which is currently running at 22 GB used so even the 16GB iphone isn't big enough for my uses. I hate manually deciding what music to put on or off, as I like the "happy accident" playlist that Genius can come up with over 2000 odd songs.

I fancy the iphone for the mail, browsing, GPS and apps capabilities (as more often that not, I can't find a free WiFi hotspot when I want one)

So does anyone have both and do you have any syncing issues (as in, will apps I have paid for be synced over both devices)?

Ta in advance :apple:

2. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

Well if you can hold on to your contract for a few more months (dunno if that's an option?) then you could get a 32gb iPhone...

Save you carrying an mp3 player and phone around.

3. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

My music library is bigger than my iPhone's stroage, and like you, I hate manually decided what music to take with me. So I just created some smart playlists based on play count, rating, recently added, etc., and have all of those set to sync. And another playlist with my favourite artists.

Once in a while there's something I find I'm missing, but by and large the music I want is with me... :)

4. Dissecta thread starter macrumors member

Dissecta

Contract wise it means it still runs it just means I'm not contracturally tied so I can leave without issue.

Don't really mind carrying two devices as the ipod goes in my Jacket and my phone in my trouser pocket. Also, if I stuck with my current carrier I'd be carrying a separate phone and ipod anyway.

I have tought of waiting but I hate the whole "Jam tomorrow" especially as it's unlikely that any updates will come before January.

5. synagence macrumors 6502a

All paid-for content is tied to the account not the device.

As long as your computer is auth'd then when u sync the ipod / iphone all apps are available

I have both devices and basically only now use my phone ... my wife has adopted the touch.

6. Dissecta thread starter macrumors member

Dissecta

Thanks - that's what I was hoping.

In my case both my Wife and I are leaning toward getting iPhone's.

For her it's perfect, as she only has a 4GB nano, which is far from full.

7. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

Just use simplify media on your itunes library. I do it and I can get all 60GB of my music from anywhere with signal or wifi.

8. bigmouth macrumors 6502

I have both. Bought the original iTouch and loved it so much I took the plunge when they released iPhone 3G. Most apps sync to both, though a few apps won't sync to the iTouch because they require a microphone. At this point, I only use the iTouch as an internet tablet/radio for around the house.

9. Eric Isaacson macrumors 6502

I have both, bought the Touch first, after my cell contract expired I bought a 3G Iphone. I honestly don't use the Touch now, the kids love it though.

Eric

10. rs13 macrumors member

i bought the touch when it came out and i now have the iphone 3g aswell

11. firewood macrumors 604

I have both. I don't carry the Touch with me very much, but when I have it around, I use it for videos, music and games to maximize the battery life on the Phone. I consider it as sort of an expensive spare battery pack for media, gaming and other non-cellular uses.

12. ncsimmons03 macrumors member

I have both. I use the Touch for car media. I don't carry it anywhere else anymore though because of my iPhone.