Anyone have an iPhone SDK certificate yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kgelner, Mar 7, 2008.

1. kgelner macrumors newbie

I signed up for the developer program (along with a lot of other people it seemed) but I was wondering if anyone else was able to actually use the sample applications on the phone itself yet.

I have the phone listed as a device but according to the documentation, you first need to generate a certificate request file which you then upload to Apple on the iPhone dev site. I've generated the certificate request but I cannot find anywhere on the site to upload the request to. I am assuming that once I get accepted as an official iPhone developer something else may open up enabling me to send in the certificate request, but I wanted to check to make sure I wasn't missing anything so that I could actually try some of the apps on the phone itself.

2. igglepuff macrumors regular

Yea, i don't think there's a way yet. I too, among a few peopel I know are waiting to hear back as we all applied yesterday morning for teh $99 dev program (you get the cert, listing blahblahblah). Looking forward to it :) I'm wondering if the certificate is the only thing stopping teh actual program from _working_ on the phone. I copied a test app we did to a jailbroken 114 phone, it loads up but then ends up crashing, im wondering if its crashing/dieing when ti cant find the cert ot authenticate or something similar. Tried it jsut got *hits and giggles