Anyone have an issue with their iPhone 7 Plus freezing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Carl7, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Carl7 macrumors newbie

I got my iPhone 7 Plus about 3 weeks ago and it's been great other than one issue. The screen intermittently becomes unresponsive completely and will be like that for about 15 seconds. It then returns to normal for a few more days and then does the same again. I've re-installed iOS from scratch on iTunes, done a reboot holding volume and lock key. It's quite annoying and I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same issue?

2. MrInquestador macrumors member

MrInquestador

Same here. Within one week, it froze twice already.

3. Pnr2020 macrumors member

Pnr2020

No problems here. I have owned for nearly 2 weeks and everything been fine

4. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Had my 7+ from day one and it did it twice in the first few weeks but after the last updates, have not had it again.

5. Bhs1975 macrumors 6502

Mine does that too and I just close all background apps and all is good again.

6. Ca_lvn macrumors member

7. Low country macrumors 6502

Yes, freezes many times. On my second 7 Plus now. The build quality of this one is great but the iOS issues are endless. I'm on 10.1.1 which the Apple Store installed for me

8. protox macrumors regular

Got my iPhone 7 Plus on Thursday and have had to do 4 hard resets already from freezing. I set up as new when I first got it too and didn't restore.

9. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Never had this happen on my 7+ that I've had for over a month but the 7 I picked up today froze within an hour of setting it up. Completely unresponsive and required a hard reset. Bizarre.

10. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

My 7+ and my wife's 7+ Have been fine so far. We've only had them for a week though.

11. Low country macrumors 6502

Too many iOS issues for me, so upsetting as the endless iOS updates just continue to bring new issues, its never ending. We all have enough to worry about in life, our "smartphones" shouldn't be one of them...

12. rick3000 macrumors 6502a

rick3000

Got a 7+ this week and have experienced one massive freeze. Nothing worked, I could not even get it to shut down. It then "processed" all of the button presses as if it was just a huge lag.

13. skymonkey2000 macrumors newbie

skymonkey2000

You ever figure out why the screen on your IPhone 7 Plus was freezing? Is there a remedy? Any help would be great.

14. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

Defective unit. Exchange it