Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tjcampbell

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Vancouver
Hi, I'm thinking of picking up an o2 xda orbit. It's the one with the built in sat nav.
https://shop.o2.co.uk/phone/O2/XDA_Orbit

I worked with someone that had it and they were quite happy with it. Basically, I was holding out for the iPhone (which looks incredible), but now that I see it will take a while to reach the UK, I may as well take my free upgrade.

I've been carrying around my blackberry for some time now and I love it, but if I'm going to have something that size, it may as well do something beyond email.

Does anyone have this phone? If so what do you think?
Have you been able to sync it with your mac?

Without that feature it's pretty much dead to me!

Thanks for your help. The countdown to the iPhone begins! :)

smifyeyes

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2007
I have just bought an orbit, and the phone is great. However I have not been able to sync it with my mac yet. I have tried isync, but this doesn't work (didn't really expect it to). I have also tried installing the missing sync, however this failed to install, stating that my machine did not meet the specs - haven't understood why this is the case yet. In addition the missing sync site states that the Orbit is not yet supported, so may have to wait a while.

thejammyone

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2005
Blackburn, England
Don't have an Orbit but do have an XDA Exec which runs WM5.

The missing sync does work with my model but isnt perfect. I am not a "frequent" syncer! but I do appear to get some duplicate entires, especially anniversaries / birthdays.

I did once lose all my data but that was with the previous version and I was also syncing with my PC and Mac, something I dont try any more!

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
I prefer the o2 XDA Mini S. A lovely machine, with wifi and qwerty keyboard.

Just lost mine, and was going to buy the XDA Zinc, supposed to come out this month. Now o2 have put it back to march, I've had enough.

Am gonna buy the T-Mobile Vario II (same model as the XDA Zinc really), and T-Mobile have better data plans.

Can anyone tell me if the Vario II works well with Missing Sync?

And does the T-Mobile website work well on macs (checking account details, and other website services)?

WaveskiChamp

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2007
Bristol, UK
O2 XDA Obit still no drivers?

Has anyone found a way of sync this device? I am so annoyed with HTC that I am considering changing to the new Nokia N95, does all the same things and is faster.

If anyone has found a way to get the Orbit sync please post.

Another gripe with the orbit is that no decent car kit exists? What are they doing? They make a great phone then mess it up by not following through with the tools required for everyday use... like a headphone socket?

Anyway enough of my rant

Angelus

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2002
New Zealand
I have had the xda orbit for about 2 weeks now and it syncs fine. I bought Missing Sync the day it came out and I've had absolutely no problems syncing it to my powerbook. I just plug it in using a USB cable and the missing sync does the rest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.