Anyone have antenna problems when the iPhone 4 is in your pocket?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SingBlueSilver, Jul 5, 2010.

1. SingBlueSilver macrumors member

I seem to have antenna issues when the phone is in my pocket (generally jeans). When I take the phone out of my pocket I often only have 2 or 3 bars at first and then it goes up to the full 5 shortly thereafter.

It mainly seems to happen when I'm sitting down, such as in my car. It also seems to happen if I'm in my car and put the phone under my crotch area. It could be the body heat, or some other reason, I'm not really sure.

Anyone else have this problem?

I'll be getting a bumper soon, hopefully.

2. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I carry mine in a thin leather sleeve, in my pocket. My first iPhone 4 would display one bar, then an increase after being out for about 30 seconds. The new replacement I just picked up at the Apple store, comes out of my pocket with five.

3. dopipod macrumors member

I have noticed that when I remove my iphone4 from my pocket, I often have one bar or no service which then gradually returns to a higher reception if I watch and wait. I use a leather case. In general I would definitely say that the iphone4 compares poorly with my previous 3GS regarding dropped/ missed calls and perceived reception.