Anyone have any backorder problems?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by AppleFan922, Aug 4, 2011.

1. AppleFan922 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I ordered a 13" MBA 128GB from powermax.com last Monday, they had hoped that they would have received their shipment the following Thursday for delivery. They have yet to receive it from Apple. I'm not knocking them at all, it's not their fault. It just seems like apple is holding their stock for their own retail stores and website before releasing shipments to resellers. It's just weird to me because I have heard nothing about stock problems considering apples turnover on their website is 24 hour shipping for all MBA models.

2. Bob Coxner macrumors 6502a

The 13" seems to be sold out on most of the online stores that I'm aware of. Amazon, MacMall, MacConnection, etc. BestBuy.com is showing shipping in 2-5 days at $1234 for the base 13".

3. katysax macrumors newbie

They seem to be on significant backorder everywhere. I ordered the 13" with the 256 drive the day after they were announced (from Best Buy). I started getting emails pushing back the date.

Since I didn't want to wait I ended up with an 11". I like it better than I expected for such a small size. However, the size of the SSD is a concern. I'm thinking I'll wait a few months and see what happens. For now, though the 13" is hard to get.