Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
I've spent quite a while looking for the perfect case. I was originally going to customize a Vaja ivolution SP, but I knew it would take too long for me to receive it, I didn't want to leave my iPhone 3GS unprotected for a month. I really liked having my Case-Mate flip case for my first-gen iPhone, then I decided on a Sena pouch, which I wasn't a big fan of, for my iPhone 3G, since Vaja's handling time used to be 45 days plus shipping. I knew that I wasn't going to wait a month to get a case, and I couldn't convince myself to get a hardshell case, so I ended up buying the Vaja Limited Edition Black and Red case from a reseller a few minutes ago. Vaja ran out of stock on their site as soon as the iPhone 3GS was announced, so I had to take a chance with a reseller or wait a month and get a personalized case.

Has anyone had any experience with http://www.handhelditems.com or any Vaja resellers? They seem like a reputable site from their seller rating. I hope the case wasn't sitting in their warehouse for too long and that it comes in the same condition as buying directly from Vaja. It'll probably arrive fine. I managed to save 20%, which pretty much paid for shipping, by using the coupon code 20iphonecs (it expires June 30, by the way), in case anyone is interested.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Personally I don't think I'd go with a vaja reseller, partly because I want to be sure I'm getting a new unit, partly because I want to have assurances of warranty coverage and also that its a new defect free product.

Given the unique nature of the vaja case and the cost, I believe its worth the wait, other then getting the limited edition premade cases. I opted for the ivolution GT case and while I have to wait a month, I believe its worth it. Just my $.02

btw, I'll be babying my iPhone even more until the case comes in, but I generally take really good care of the phone. no other items in my pocket where the iPhone goes in and ensuring I'm careful with the screen etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.