Anyone have any luck finding an ATT 6+ when idevicechecker said it wasnt available?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by circa7, Sep 27, 2014.

1. circa7 macrumors regular

Im looking for a 64gb space gray 6+ for ATT, and there are a couple 150 miles away, but I cant make that drive. There are a bunch of 16gb models at local Targets, but I want a 64 (would buy a 128 if I found one).

So, has anyone had luck just going into a Target, Best Buy, or Apple store and leaving with a device that didnt show on services like idevicechecker?

2. mademan118 macrumors regular

I have used this websites to locate iPhones and iPads in the past, but this year I was able to nail 2 gold 64GB 6+ at apple when all websites said non were available. I checked apple at 3:52am HST and seen they were available.

3. circa7 thread starter macrumors regular

So idevicechecker said they werent available but on apple.com they were available for pickup?

4. mademan118 macrumors regular

To be honest I don't even think device tracker was up. It was some other website. I guess the pint of my post was that you shouldn't just rely on one website when apples website does a great job updating. I have gotten most iPhones from apple by reserving them online and picking up in store.

5. benfica88 macrumors regular

All these tracker websites will never be as updated as the original source. Who knows how often they scan/track.
    Just this morning I saw some pluses come and go in a span of half hour and no website sent me an alert or showed stock.

6. circa7 thread starter macrumors regular

You saw them in person or on apple.com?

7. benfica88 macrumors regular

Apple.com

8. mhaniff, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014

mhaniff macrumors member

I got lucky today. I was using idevicechecker to locate a 6+ 64GB silver/white for the past few days then I stumbled upon another site called seaturtle.org. Around 1pm EST today an apple store on the upper east side had availability, I placed my order immediately and within an hour I received the order confirmation to pick up.