Anyone have any suggestions about this eBay listing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NDimichino, Jun 4, 2008.

1. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

2. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

it is paypal so your risk is highly diminished.

Hard to say really.

3. NDimichino thread starter macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

What do you mean?

4. tom1971 macrumors 6502a

only very few feedbacks... i would be cautious

5. NDimichino thread starter macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

Yeaaa, there's really nothing I can do about that without just selling and buying.

6. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I think it looks good. You don't have much feedback (what you do have is positive, so that's good) but all the pictures make it look pretty legit. If I was in the market for an iPhone,, I probably wouldn't hesitate to buy from you.

7. Hecklerdanny macrumors 6502

Hecklerdanny

I think it looks good. I sell lots of stuff on Ebay (Just got $385 for my used locked 8GB iPhone) and I only accept Paypal, it's never been an issue in my experience.

If I was looking for a used 4GB iPhone, I probably wouldn't hesitate much to purchase this one. Good luck.

8. geekmommy4 macrumors 6502

geekmommy4

One thing that you can do that might limit your buyers, but add some protection is to state that you only ship to confirmed addresses. I never ship higher dollar items (especially electronics) to anyone without it.

Also, provide insurance (either out of pocket or by adding it to shipping charges) and require that they are available for signature confirmation.

Here is one company's explanation for why they require confirmed addresses:
    http://www.balances.com/paypal/crook.html

You can always read on Paypal about how buyers can become confirmed if they aren't already, but want to purchase your item.

Good luck! Looks like you have a great product!

9. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Can someone check out mine too, and tell me if it looks decent?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270241910104

I just added 2 more pictures to show the box, accessories, and phone with the screen on. I think that should increase perceived value a little bit, am I right?

I'm a first timer on eBay, so I'm a bit worried people will be hesitant to buy from me, as I have no previous transactions or feedback. I know that I am personally going to insure the item and request delivery confirmation from USPS so nobody tries to screw me over. I don't care if it costs me an extra $15 or $20, I just don't wanna get screwed!

10. mariokarter macrumors member

for use with any GSM carrier SIM card should be for use with any GSM carrier's SIM card

or "the phone is unlocked and will work on any GSM network or with any sim card"

small gramatical error i know not a big deal. You also might want to include the word "quadband" in the title. all the pictures are good.

Screen is 100% responsive with no broken pixels or dead spots. Has worked perfectly with no hiccups since day one.

would sound better as:

The screen is 100% responsive with no broken pixels or dead spots, and has worked perfectly with no hiccups since day one.

"has worked" is a little ambiguous, what has worked? Ovbiously were talking about the screen here.

also shipping worldwide will increase your bidders.

11. S Brake macrumors regular

12. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

Pfft, paypal is a joke. As long as the person ships *anything*, paypal will side with them. It could be a box with a rock in it.

13. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Not if you pay with a credit card. I used to work for a credit card company and they can get money back on anything. Use an AMEX card and your good to go. They really take care of disputes for you.

14. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

If you'll notice that your bidders are all cell phone/smartphone/PDA "Sellers" according to their bidding history over the last 30 days, so they are definitely going to stick with your 4GB iPhone. Though you have 2+ days left with the auction, you may start receiving offers via email, to close the auction for a set price or offer. That's good, but you want to make sure that you PayPal account actually has the money in your account before you ship the iPhone. PayPal will never "HOLD" your funds for confirmation of a shipping/tracking number. Once the money hits your PayPal account, the funds will be "POSTED" to your account and immediately available. Everything looks good, and follow the suggestions^^^above. Good Luck. Hopefully you can get $350 or more.

15. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

He's exactly right about the paypal thing. ^^^^^ I did not know this and just recently (about a week ago) got scammed on selling my ipod touch and believed that I just needed to send a tracking number and the money would appear....WRONG.

16. jlwilsonjr macrumors member

As others have said make sure you have in the desc that you will only ship to confirmed addresses. I recently sold my iphone I did not pay attention to the fact that the winner had an unconfirmed address. Shipped the phone via UPS phone was signed for...and the funds are in my account. Well a few days later I get a dispute from paypal. The buyer had a stolen credit card number paypal investigated (month time) and now I'm out 415.00 bucks because of someone else's wrong doing. High price to pay but a lesson learned for sure Just my .02

17. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Not ENTIRELY true. I'm a first time seller on eBay (first time user actually), and I was told that my money will be held until 3 days after delivery confirmation, or the buyer gives me positive feedback.

18. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Being a "first time buyer" and using PayPal, you would have to have what they call "verified" accounts. So, that's probably why you didn't get your money immediately. My suggestion is to call PayPal Customer Support immediately once your transaction is completed and verify that the funds are in your account. :cool:

19. gothiquegirrl macrumors regular

gothiquegirrl

YUP... your right.

Ebay * i think* changed the policy?

A seller has to have recent " Detailed" feedback or the money is held for 3 days or until the buyer posts positive feed back..

OH and YOU the seller CAN'T give a buyer negative feedback anymore.

Ang

20. NDimichino thread starter macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

I would never send the phone out until the payment hit my paypal account.

21. NDimichino thread starter macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

I would never send the phone out until the payment hit my paypal account. I appreciate everyone's advice.