Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrislaw

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 11, 2009
central ohio
So i ordered my 21.5" iMac which i would have just picked up at the store but i wanted to add 4gb of ram. It has not come yet but i also ordered a remote which they shipped separately that supposedly came Sat (2/6) at 10am. However, the package never came to my door.

At 10am saturday i was sitting in the living room with my wife and 3 kids watching television not 3 feet from my front door. The dog barks every time the mailman comes to the porch. In fact i went out and got the mail after he came later that day b/c my macbook decal came in the mail. There was no package.

The package let apple via DHL which i don't know if this is normal protocol, but DHL then delivered it to the post office:

Date Time Location Activity
2/6/2010 10:09 AM EST Newark, OH DELIVERED
2/6/2010 09:06 AM EST Newark, OH ARRIVAL AT UNIT
2/5/2010 02:00 PM EST Columbus, OH SHIPMENT ACCEPTED BY USPS

2/5/2010 05:19 AM EST Hebron, KY TENDERED TO USPS
2/5/2010 04:26 AM EST Hebron, KY ARRIVAL DESTINATION DHL GLOBAL MAIL FACILITY

2/4/2010 09:50 AM EST Rutherford, NJ DEPARTURE ORIGIN DHL GLOBAL MAIL FACILITY

2/4/2010 12:42 AM EST Rutherford, NJ PROCESSED
2/3/2010 10:55 PM EST Rutherford, NJ ARRIVAL ORIGIN DHL GLOBAL MAIL FACILITY

2/3/2010 10:10 PM EST Jonestown, PA PICK UP

this is now the second time in about 5 months that i have ordered something to be delivered by USPS and it not be delivered to my house. when i contact the post office they tell me that according to them it has been delivered. they say that the neighbor probably stole it, a stray dog carried it off or as they tried to tell me last time since i bought it off ebay that the seller maybe didn't send it.

If they seller didn't send it, then what did the post office receive and the postal carrier mark down as being delivered?

I've lived in the same house for 26 years and am friendly with my neighbors, not to mention every time anyone comes to my porch my dog goes nuts. Also my wife is a stay-at-home mom who usually watches the carrier deliver the mail.

I contacted Apple basically for advice on the matter and they stated that since the order (imac and remote both) weren't scheduled for delivery until the 10th, their policy is to wait 3 days after the 10th to get involved. At which point they might send out a tracker(?).

Is there any advice that someone who has been through this can tell me? Any advice from a post office employee?

I've never had this kind of trouble with any other delivery agency other then USPS. And before this carrier started a few years ago we had the same guy my entire life and never had any problems. I'm at a loss both figuratively and literally.

I am 100% positive that i was home when the mail was delivered as i received my MBP decal. Every call to the post office in both this instance and the last resulted in them pretty much telling me tough luck and trying to pass blame in every other direction.

If anyone has any experience please give it. I know it's only a $20 remote but i don't want to be put in this position again.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.