Anyone have Bluetooth working with ATV 3.0.2?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by shaotse, Feb 17, 2010.

1. shaotse macrumors member

2. fpnc macrumors 68000

Apple doesn't admit to having Bluetooth in the Apple TV so if anyone is getting it to work they must have "hacked" their Apple TV. The only wireless connection you can make to the Apple TV when using Apple software is over WiFi (for example, that's how the iPhone/iPod touch Apple TV Remote app works -- it goes over WiFi).

3. shaotse thread starter macrumors member

Definitely talking about hacking - been trying all sorts of things but all the tutorials are from 08 - I can't believe the Bluetooth keyboard/Magic Mouse combo isn't a staple for the :apple:TV hacking community:)

4. tom1971 macrumors 6502a

You basically can use either the iphone Apple Remote software or a VNC client on iphone / ipod Touch.

The problem with Bluetooth is related to system settings that have to be installed and also the pairing process.

What exactly are you trying to do ?

5. shaotse thread starter macrumors member

I'd just like to have a keyboard/mouse on the coffee table (without a 9 foot cable) that I can use to search for programming, use couschsurfer with, etc. when I need to - Of course I have the iPhone remote app but I don't like it for :apple:TV as much as I do for airtunes around the house. I have one universal remote for TV stuff and I like to keep it that way:D It just seems that the bluetooth keyboard and magic mouse would be perfect companions for the setup.

From everything I see there was full support for this in 2.4 but it seems like the idea vanished last year when 3.0 broke it:(

6. tom1971 macrumors 6502a

You could also use a VNC client.
    We will have a look into the BT issue and see if we can do something about it.

7. shaotse thread starter macrumors member

Awesomeness!

8. atvusr macrumors 6502

atvusr