Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

east85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
I'm currently using patches to quit smoking so they give me some wild dreams. I've had a few where I break or crack my iPad pr split it in half and it sucks so much that I actively try to wake up in the dream. For whatever reason I never break my MacBook though. What's with that?

Doesn't have to be Apple related, just anything really. I think I'm going to start taking the nicotine patches off at night. The box says they can cause vivid dreaming and nightmares.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I'm currently using patches to quit smoking so they give me some wild dreams. I've had a few where I break or crack my iPad pr split it in half and it sucks so much that I actively try to wake up in the dream. For whatever reason I never break my MacBook though. What's with that?

Doesn't have to be Apple related, just anything really. I think I'm going to start taking the nicotine patches off at night. The box says they can cause vivid dreaming and nightmares.

I have an available hour on Tuesdays. Plan on MANY visits.

Fee is not negotiable!

;)

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

I can quite honestly say that I have never, ever, ever had a dream of breaking 'my stuff', (by accident, I assume) and nor, for that matter, have I ever dreamt of breaking anyone else's 'stuff', either.

I have an available hour on Tuesdays. Plan on MANY visits.

Fee is not negotiable!

;)

Brilliant.

CrickettGrrrl

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2012
B'more or Less
I dream of other people wantonly breaking my stuff, but not me breaking my own stuff. Dreaming about losing stuff? Yes.

This morning I dreamt the annoying neighbors next door had some sort catastrophic event during their pool party and busted a hole in the hedges & fence, moved everybody over into our backyard where they smeared everything with barbecue sauce.

Kaylor

Contributor
Oct 18, 2011
Long Island, NY/Houston, TX
My dreams are frustratingly realistic. Sometimes I'll remember small parts of them throughout the day and have to ask myself if that memory came from life or a dream. Have a dream about dropping my phone in a puddle? First thing I do when I wake up is check to see if my phone works. Dream about getting caught in a downpour at school? Immediately wake my MBA from sleep after frantically getting out of bed. I've also had dreams of some of my stuff getting stolen, but never have I had a dream of me or anyone else breaking any of my stuff. It's really weird.

Kurwenal

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2012
I've had a few where I break or crack my iPad pr split it in half and it sucks so much that I actively try to wake up in the dream.

I don't dream of breaking my stuff, but I do dream of breaking your stuff. Only your stuff. No one else's stuff.

Kurwenal

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2012
Now that's the Kuwenal we've all come to know and love!:eek:

:D

I was going to ask you.....if we both dream of breaking east85's iPad, are we meeting in the same dream?

Actually, east85, you have my utmost admiration and hope for success. Nothing more important than health.......be strong.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
:D

I was going to ask you.....if we both dream of breaking east85's iPad, are we meeting in the same dream?

Actually, east85, you have my utmost admiration and hope for success. Nothing more important than health.......be strong.

Yes...of course it does, dear boy!

You're meeting in your dreams.

Happens all the time...to some people.

I'm saving a Thursday hour for you...

(***This thread alone could pay for my retirement!:eek:***)

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
When I quit smoking and used the patch, I had the most bizarre, vivid dreams. And I'm one who rarely remembers a dream. Don't wear the patch to bed.

east85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
When I quit smoking and used the patch, I had the most bizarre, vivid dreams. And I'm one who rarely remembers a dream. Don't wear the patch to bed.

Yeah I think tonight I'll take it off for a change, usually never recall mine either actually.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Some medications are known to cause odd dreams. I take some asthma medication and one of the side affects is "vivid" dreams. I will say things have gotten quite vivid in my dreaming since I'm on those pills.

Even if you take the patch off, you still have the medication in your body, probably enough to still affect you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.