Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thirty7alpha

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2011
Indiana
...and see what happens?

Will you end up getting your new MBP ahead of the rest of us droids OR sent one of the existing models and end up having to return it and thus receive your new model later than everyone else??
:eek::eek::eek:

I'm tempted to try it.

Apple OC

macrumors 68040
Oct 14, 2010
Hogtown
...and see what happens?

Will you end up getting your new MBP ahead of the rest of us droids OR sent one of the existing models and end up having to return it and thus receive your new model later than everyone else??

I'm tempted to try it.

Go for it ... you will end up with a 2010 MBP

thirty7alpha

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2011
Indiana
Go for it ... you will end up with a 2010 MBP

You're probably correct. Then why even quote 3-5 days on the website? Why not just reflect a 24-hr turn-around until the moment of the refresh?

What point does the 3-5 day notice serve if they're just going to send me a 2010 model? Won't Apple just hold onto any orders between now and Thursday and send some kind of email notification asking if you would like the new one?

Sarngate

macrumors regular
May 15, 2010
You're probably correct. Then why even quote 3-5 days on the website? Why not just reflect a 24-hr turn-around until the moment of the refresh?

What point does the 3-5 day notice serve if they're just going to send me a 2010 model? Won't Apple just hold onto any orders between now and Thursday and send some kind of email notification asking if you would like the new one?

They're depleting stock levels which means if you order one now you may have to wait for it to be shipped from somewhere not local to you. As a result you'd probably end up getting a 2010 model.

Buck987

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2010
...and see what happens?

I'm tempted to try it.

lots of guts(?)....you get a 2010 and you simply return it.

whats the down side?

SidewaysTakumi

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2010
Texas
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Won't Apple just hold onto any orders between now and Thursday and send some kind of email notification asking if you would like the new one?

No.

Apple OC

macrumors 68040
Oct 14, 2010
Hogtown

No they will not ... if you ordered now ... they would send you exactly what you ordered ... the only MBP that is available at the time you ordered.

thirty7alpha

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2011
Indiana
No they will not ... if you ordered now ... they would send you exactly what you ordered ... the only MBP that is available at the time you ordered.

Just "trying" to think outside the box, as it were...

...and apparently, nothing is outside the box since we have no #*$&# leaked photos.

Richard1028

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2009
New 2010 MBP's are still going strong on ebay. Most bidders are only saving $50 or so.

God, I miss those days when I would sell stuff there just hoping for a decent price and ended up getting twice what it was worth. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.