Anyone have experience pulling keys off Apple keyboard?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kavika411, May 13, 2007.

1. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Thanks for reading this. I have a wireless Apple keyboard. The eject button on the top right of the keyboard stopped working recently. I'm tempted to pop it off and see if there is something in there, like hair a dried up splash of Coke or something I can fix. Has anyone done this before? Is it easy to pop off the keys. Are there risks. Thanks.

2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

It's not that hard to do. I usually just take an orange stick and jam it under the key (gently) and gently pry it up. I pried off all my keys every 2 weeks or so and cleaned that baby.. then I got an iSkin. :p

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

the mac os x 10.4.9 update made it so that you have to press and hold the eject key to eject a cd/dvd. try that before you pop off the key.

4. kavika411 thread starter macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Thank you both. I am an idiot. I didn't realize you have to hold it down before it activates. Thanks.

5. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Doesn't hurt to clean the keyboard for cleanliness's sake, though. :)

6. dr01dy macrumors member

every 2 weeks you can probably eat off your keyboard.

7. Bake151 macrumors newbie

Yep, popped all my keys off to clean under them. Just remember where they go... lol. And thank you Slurpeeman, I didn't know about holding down the eject key either. Thought I was having issues also. Duh!! LOL

8. KairaTheWolf macrumors newbie

Shift keys won't work.

I spilled a tiny bit of soup on the left side of my keyboard and now neither shift key will work with the top and bottom rows of letters. They still work fine with the middle and number rows though. I'm having trouble prying them off so I can clean under them. Could someone help me?