Anyone have experience returning items to the Adobe Online store?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by neoserver, Aug 8, 2009.

1. neoserver macrumors 6502

I'll start with a bit of background information with my situation:

I purchased a copy of Adobe CS4 Design standard (Education Edition) from the adobe online. Later that same day it was brought to my attention that I could get the same bundle through my university for much less. Obviously I went and grabbed a copy from my university's bookstore and attempted to cancel my Adobe order, only to find that Adobe doesn't let you cancel your orders once they've been submitted. (This was kind of my first red flag as most places let you cancel until it's shipped...)

My only option was to wait until Adobe's package arrived and then attempt to return it. So once the package arrived, I went onto Adobe's website and initiated a return. This is where the problems begin.

I get an email from Adobe shortly after initiating the email that goes as follows:

Since my educational verson only cost $340US, I opted to follow the first set of instructions and created a webcase and gave them all the information they needed (ordernumber, reason for return, serial number, etc).

The website told me I'd recieve a response in 1-2 business days. It has now officially been TEN business days. I've updated the web case in the hopes that someone will notice it. I've also created a second web case too.

Has anyone attempted to returrn something to the Adobe Online store? Have similar experiences or did I do something wrong? I've only got 30 days according to them to do this, and they've eaten up 12, all the while I've got a charge for $380 CDN sitting on my credit card that I'd like to have back.

Advice?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Is there any reason preventing you from calling them?

3. neoserver thread starter macrumors 6502

I never saw a phone number associated with returns, so I just assumed that they wanted everything through their web system. But I'll try giving them a call.

4. malicksmith macrumors newbie

Good luck calling them. I'm on hold with them right now, just as I've been every day for the past week.

My situation is similar, with some differences. I never completed my order by giving them my student ID. I started my purchase and then somebody found it cheaper for me, so I had been trying to cancel my order for a week now, getting the run around and extreme hold times. 2 hours and counting today.

Well, the emails I had been receiving from Adobe stated that if they did not receive my Student ID within 6 days, the order would be canceled. Well, since I haven't been getting this taken care of through Adobe, I thought I'd let the order expire since I hadn't completed the order. Well, to my surprise, they processed my order last night anyway. I NEVER AUTHORIZED them with a Student ID. And not only that, they processed a download order, which I originally was attempting to purchase a boxed version. They processed $1100 against my account today.

If this doesn't get taken care of today with Adobe, I am filing fraudulent activity with my bank. They said this would fall under fraudulent.

5. rpaloalto macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

Adobe has always, in my opinion. Been lacking in customer service. This seems to be getting even worse. I had a similar experience with cs2. They have their little market with no competition. To force them to bump up their customer interaction.

6. neoserver thread starter macrumors 6502

I feel for you guys. I did end up phoning Adobe and apparently I was supposed to fill out a Letter of Destruction (which their email to me DID NOT say.) I filled one out with a CSR on the phone and submitted it to them. I phone in a couple days later to confirm they received it and they said they had and that the refund would take 4-6 weeks to get approved.

I find it a little stupid that a refund will take a month to process. But, I'm just going to keep calling them every other week and seeing what the status was.

Just keep at it people, they will eventually give!

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That's ridiculous, a month to process. They're pretty quick in taking your money, why the heck does it take a month to process a return. :mad: