Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Anyone have experience with a coding bootcamp?

Savage

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 12, 2008
I'm considering committing to a coding bootcamp, specifically for web development. I've had an interest in web dev for about 15 years but I never acted on it other than some small hobby websites using basic HTML and CSS. I'd love to have my own small business for front-end web dev stuff, mostly building static websites with HTML, CSS, and some JS. I don't want to do it for the money because it wouldn't be my primary source of income anyway, I just want to do it for me.

If anyone has done a bootcamp or is working as a freelance web dev, how was/is it? There are so many bootcamp options -- how did you pick one?

Is it weird that I'm really only interested in HTML, CSS, and JS, and not any of the more powerful languages?

Do you suggest I commit to a bootcamp or should I just continue being self-taught by building projects and using YouTube and Google when I get stuck?

Any other input would be appreciated. If you want to share your portfolio website, that'd be cool too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.