Anyone have experience with cheap docks?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by g35, Dec 8, 2010.

1. g35 macrumors 6502a

I see a bunch of (probably imported from Taiwan/China) docks on craigslist like this one: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/ele/2068486145.html

Does anyone have experience with these cheap third party docks? I know the official ones (probably) won't fry my phone but are these ones dangerous to use? I can't imagine they would be if I use my own Apple-supplied cable....am I right in thinking this? Since the Apple cable only supplies so much current, and these docks are just a conduit for whatever current that cable provides?

Obviously by using one of these I'd be doing so at my own risk, I understand that.

2. deeesea macrumors 6502

should be fine. I think it doesn't matter about the cable either, its the source that matters, the cables still going to conduct the same thing form the source, if you had a firewire cable you'll fry your phone, if you used usb you won't. The cable wil conduct w/e the source provides. Someone correct me if im wrong though, but from my understanding those 3rd party docks should be fine.