Anyone Have Experience With Shipping/Importing Cars?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MyiBill, Apr 3, 2014.

1. MyiBill macrumors 6502

Hi, I have a friend in Germany who is interested in a new 2014 Corvette, since Chevy does not officially sell them there and they are very hard to find. Does anyone have any experience in shipping a car overseas and what the process entails? Thanks.

2. simsaladimbamba

3. MyiBill thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks!

I don't get it? :confused:

4. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I use a customs broker for this kind of thing. I import a lot of antiquities into my country and always deal with a broker. They know what the process is for importing anything into a country and can get it done for you quickly and legally.

Have you friend call a broker and ask what it takes to import a car if he/she decides to go that route. Brokers will be more than happy to help. Will also save your friend a lot of headaches. The tiniest little mistake can delay things for weeks. Brokers prevent that. Your friend will be glad they did.

5. MyiBill thread starter macrumors 6502

Thats what Im hoping to do seems the easiest way to go. Hoping they have a shipping company they use as well thats reliable, I can drop the car off at the port if needed but they would need to take it from there.

6. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

They will. They all have preferred shippers who know their routines and that is why they will use specific shippers. It makes the process move smoother. Wise choice going with broker. They know what paper work is required and what needs to be paid. Last thing you need is the car being held up because of something really silly that you may have missed. Been there and done that, hence my use of a broker. Good luck with every thing!

7. MyiBill thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks!