Anyone Have Experience With Walmart's Locator?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JenBen75, Mar 23, 2011.

1. JenBen75 macrumors newbie

I have been checking it every couple of days and of course it says Out of Stock. Today when I check it it says Available. I call and the guy in electronics says no we do not have any and haven't gotten any in such launch day. I then ask why it says it is Available online and he doesn't know.

The system said it updated stock as of midnight last night so my question is, could it be there and just not out on the floor yet?

Sincerely,
    Patiently Waiting Fangirl

2. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

Yes. It is probably in the back. I gather the employee didn't want to deal with it. Go there and get it, although you'll have an uphill battle!

3. Almacruel19 macrumors newbie

I experienced the same thing with my local walmart the online system said in stock and i went there and they said they didn't have any. I asked if the could check the back storage but he said nothing was back there. Ended up getting mine at target that is a few blocks away from the walmart

4. jhstew1 macrumors member

I had the same Wal-mart experience

5. mffl04 macrumors member

I'm having the same issues. The fine employees (sarcasm) that I have spoken with have been little help. I have noticed using the in-store availability checker that it says it was last updated on 3/20/11 at 1:28 PM EST. So I dont think its a very up to date system. Anyways, the guy I spoke with said "Apple's really far behind in making them. It will be 8-10 weeks until we get any." Lets hope he really is clueless.:apple:

6. shareef777 macrumors 68000

shareef777

Same as everyone else here. Two days in a row it showed in stock as of midnight. I show up in the early morning and they won't even bother going back. The 2nd day the guy wouldn't even make eye contact with me. God, I wish Target would open a store closer to my house. :(

7. JenBen75 thread starter macrumors newbie

All the ones in my area said 3/20/11 as well but today when I checked was when it changed to 3/23/11 at 12:01AM.

I am not sure if I have the energy to go there and fight with them.

I have called Target twice and each time the employees have answered all of my questions with no hesistation.

8. bld33 macrumors newbie

Why is Target getting them but not Walmart? My Walmart hasn't gotten any either

9. 53x12 macrumors 68000

53x12

This is an over generalization, but maybe because many Consider Target to be "higher end" compared to Walmart. However I agree it is interesting due to the purchasing power that Walmart has. There also aren't many Sam's Club's that have them in either.

10. bld33 macrumors newbie

Well, at least in my area, no store in a 60 mile radius (6 stores) has received a second shipment since launch.