anyone have garageband lockup

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by blueridge, Mar 18, 2011.

1. blueridge macrumors 6502

blueridge

i was messing around in garageband.. using all the smart instruments.. when all of a sudden i was messing with the electric guitar and i was moving the strings.. and it locked up.. could not go back to instruments.. couldnt go back to home screen.. could not make ipad goto sleep.. tried numerous times.. finally i held down sleep button and home button and it went to sleep.. then i was able to reboot it.. went back into garageband and my song i was working on was still there.. i made a video with my phone i'll have to upload it to youtube.. anyone else?

2. Stovepiper macrumors member

I've had this happen once in the 4 hours or so total that I've played with GarageBand. It's the only hard lock up I've experienced since using the iPad 2 for a week.

3. Pepperpad2 macrumors newbie

I had the same thing happen to me just the othe day. (playing with the electric guitar also) I tried holding the sleep button down with no results. So I connected it to my laptop, iTunes running, and it 'refreshed'. 32g wifi + 3g

4. blueridge thread starter macrumors 6502

blueridge

here is the video i mentioned...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIauhW7RKLs&hd=1

so far it hasnt locked up again but i had it lock up a few times so far.. buggy

and no other app has locked up except garageband.. i had iMovie while editing go back to home screen on its own.. i went back into iMovie and it took me back where i was in the video

5. johnc22 macrumors 6502

6. blueridge thread starter macrumors 6502

blueridge

that suxs.. it hasnt happened since.. hope they release update or fix for it