anyone have iPhone in VT

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skik210, Jun 21, 2008.

1. skik210 macrumors member

Hey all, I live in vermont and there is no ATT and store around and from their website it doesnt look like ATT has their own towers. I was wondering if anyone with an iPhone has been to VT and what the service was like - if you had any. How was the data access?

2. certsoft macrumors member

certsoft

I was in Vermont last summer and used a prepaid T-Mobile SIM roaming on Unicel in Vermont, mostly around the Randolph and White River Junction areas. Coverage is spotty.

I image Unicel has a coverage map online, if not you can use the T-Mobile coverage map a rough idea.

3. rhender macrumors newbie

My iPhone and I moved to Vermont from NH last summer and I have had no issues using it in Vermont. The coverage can be spotty. ATT serves its customers traveling in VT through partner coverage with Unicel. There is decent coverage in Manchester, Rutland and Bennington, but there are gaps in between.

Data access is no problem until i travel out of range of the towers.

4. OreosRgood4me macrumors newbie

I'm going to be moving there for College (UVM) this year, and I was hoping to pick up the new iPhone, however I'm worried both about roaming and about rumors that, if you use more than 40% of the minutes in VT, there expel your plan. Anyone know if there are any ways to work around this?

I've already got a phone using AT&T here, and it gets pretty good service, so I don't have to worry so much about that. What do you guys know?