Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevmclane

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2017
I’m just worried if the obvious unavoidable scratches on the finish are going to go against me when I trade my phone back into Verizon for an upgrade. There is nothing wrong with the phone at all other than the fine abrasions on the back.

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
I’m just worried if the obvious unavoidable scratches on the finish are going to go against me when I trade my phone back into Verizon for an upgrade. There is nothing wrong with the phone at all other than the fine abrasions on the back.
How bad?

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
Probably on average with anyone else with a Jet Black model that’s used it without a case for at least a month.
Well verizon has to sell used iphones, right? I'm assuming yes. By how much? Don't know. It could depend on the person who you are dealing with. Probably not likely 50 percent off of what you paid for. Since you're gonna trade in...it's possible you might get 300-500 credit? Don't quote me.

Reactions: 44267547

kevmclane

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2017
Well verizon has to sell used iphones, right? I'm assuming yes. By how much? Don't know. It could depend on the person who you are dealing with. Probably not likely 50 percent off of what you paid for. Since you're gonna trade in...it's possible you might get 300-500 credit? Don't quote me.

Well I’m on Verizon’s DPP so I trade the phone in after a year to cover the rest of it’s cost ($435 to be exact). I’m just worried if the “normal wear and tear” of the phone will effect covering that $435. I mean I guess I shouldn’t be too worried as a family member traded in their 6 Plus last year with a small crack in the screen and Verizon gave them a $650 credit.

Reactions: pat500000

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
Well I’m on Verizon’s DPP so I trade the phone in after a year to cover the rest of it’s cost ($435 to be exact). I’m just worried if the “normal wear and tear” of the phone will effect covering that $435. I mean I guess I shouldn’t be too worried as a family member traded in their 6 Plus last year with a small crack in the screen and Verizon gave them a $650 credit.
Tbh, don't worry about it.

Reactions: kevmclane

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

Scratches on the Jet black model are not going to affect your trade-in. What will affect the trade-in, is if the display is cracked, or the phone is not functioning properly/Not Powering on. Those are the two major things that will affect your trade-in.

Reactions: pat500000

kevmclane

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2017
Scratches on the Jet black model are not going to affect your trade-in. What will affect the trade-in, is if the display is cracked, or the phone is not functioning properly/Not Powering on. Those are the two major things that will affect your trade-in.

Well I’ve had 6 iPhones and haven’t come close to cracking a single one and they’ve all functioned fine so I’d say I’m safe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.