Anyone have issues updating to 5.1.1 ?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mikes2pads, May 11, 2012.

1. Mikes2pads macrumors regular

I'm wondering if I should chance interfering with what I consider this replacement 3rd gen iPad as " perfect"
    My only issue was the wifi signal strength which now with this new replacement device is gone,
    These mods the update brings seem insignificant when compared to he issues one can inherit with them.
    In case someone has an opinion about ths , how long des it take to install and have ya heard of any side affects?

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

3. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

Mine too.

4. arcite macrumors 6502a

arcite

Cairo, trapped in a pyramid with my iphone
    I actually think the update fixed my wifi issues.

5. wizee macrumors member

wizee

6. claudio7 macrumors newbie

problem updating IOS

hi, i use new ipad, buy from US and use it in Indonesia.
    Firstly my ipad is restarting all the time (every 5 minutes) and showed notification to update IOS to 5.1.1.
    I decided to update and found problem when updating IOS.
    1. When restoring over the air, there is notification "The ipad could not be restored. An unknown error occured (-1).
    2. Then i try to download the IPSW file first, i already have 2 file :
    - IPAD 3,1_5.1_9B176_Restore
    - IPAD 3,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore
    When try to restore (i can't click Update because the button is inactive), there is notification "The Ipad could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible"
    What should i do? suggestion please..many thanx all.

7. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

8. Mikes2pads thread starter macrumors regular

9. Flymouse macrumors newbie

Won't let me update to 5.1.1. Help

Ok hubby bought my IPad used from amazon.com. of course he never thought to reset it back to old settings. I've put so many things on it while learning to use it. NOTE. I'm also blond and getting old. I'm so confused. anyways still trying to figure things out but previous owner had jailbreak on it ..... Not knowing what that was I had son delete it or I think we did. I keep trying to update it but it only updates half way then won't finish. Where can I get help with this. Thanks to those that might reply.:mad: