Anyone have issues with Firmware Update 7.6.3 for Time Capsule?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Bnorton, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Bnorton macrumors newbie

I did the firmware update 7.6.3 for Time Capsule in Feb 2013. For the past two weeks the TC stops broadcasting the SSID. No IOS device in the house can see the TC.

The only way to recover is power cycle the TC. Works for about 24 house max then it stops broadcasting the SSID.

Worked with Apple Care. They were no help. All they could do is Hard Reset.

They would not replace since I was out of warranty.

THEN! i find out that Apple released 7.6.2 firmware and quickly pulled it back and released 7.6.3??? I understand that 7.6.2 had major issues.

So I bought and NEW TC last week. During installation I updated firmware to 7.6.3.

JUST two days later the BRAND NEW TC STOPPED BROADCASTING THE SSID AGAIN!

Since you can click on the firmware version (while holding down the Option Key) and select what ever available version you want, I went back to 7.6.1

I HAVE NO ISSUES! I am taking returning the new TC!!! saving $299.00.

Anyone also have this issue?

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

I had an issue where the Airport Extreme would "lock up" - not only quit broadcasting, but quit routing (even through Ethernet). Happened a few times last weekend. I suspected someone across the street (nightly rental cabin) was trying to hit my guest network so I turn off guest Wifi, it's been fine ever since.

That's the only issue I've seen since 7.6.3 but I've found the problem described (certain wifi devices locking up AirPort) going back a few years online.