Anyone have issues with the 2012 13" MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cramazing, Aug 28, 2012.

1. cramazing macrumors 6502

getting sick of all the things on my Retina and really considering going back to the Classic, so has anyone experiencing any issues? if so what are there?

another question, which config would be better or faster?

a) 13" MBP 2.9 with a SSD and 16GB Ram

B) base RMBP 2.3 and 8GB

2. espiritujo macrumors member

espiritujo

I'm going to say the MBP with the 16gb of ram. Just because of the processor and the ram size you're putting into it. My roommate got the mid 2012 MBP 13inch while i got the 2012 15inch MBP and I can say for him that his works great. He's installing and SSD this weekend, so I'm looking forward to seeing how that process goes, since I'm not experienced with that.

3. MaxPower72 macrumors 6502

MaxPower72

go for the configuration A
    I have the same, moved from 15" to 13" and I just love it for its portability ... after upgrading ram and ssd you are set.
    Swapping HDD with SSD is really easy check one of the many video tutorials and don't forget to unplug the battery before unscrewing the HD or replacing the RAM :)
    the more I read about all the problems that the rMBP has the more I see another Apple BETA testing at consumers expenses.

4. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Better is personal preference. The RMBP will be faster. Quad core > dual core. SSD > hard drive. Dedicated GPU > Intel integrated graphics.

5. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

i have no issues with my rMBP at all. Love it and its insanely fast.

My brother has a 2012 13" with 16GB Ram and an OCZ Vertex 4, but my rMBP still runs circles around it.

6. Braniff747SP macrumors 6502

Braniff747SP

I've had a baseline 13" since the day it came out... no problems here, runs like a charm.

7. cramazing thread starter macrumors 6502

considering trying to get the 16gb rmbp as well and hopefully draw a samsung screen

8. xAgustinx macrumors regular

xAgustinx

I have no issues with my 13 MBP, but I wouldn't change a retina.

9. iMacFarlane macrumors 65816

iMacFarlane

Same, but I do want more RAM. Frequent beach balls when running Steam, Safari, Mail, and XCode.

Baseline 13". I need more RAM. I want an SSD. It's a great computer. :)

10. Braniff747SP macrumors 6502

Braniff747SP

Yeah, sounds like you put a heavy load on it once in a while... Luckily, it's user-upgradeable!

And yes.. we all want an SSD!

11. Fed macrumors 6502

Ditto. Runs like a charm. It would be interesting to hear of people's experience with regards to power consumption when a HDD and SSD are under the hood.

12. Zarkizon macrumors member

The 2012 13-inch MacBook Pro is a great machine.

I have only had two issues with it so far.

1. You cannot select what you want the dual audio in/out port to be used for (e.g. Line In/Line Out) in System Preferences.

2. With very dark colors and full brightness, you can clearly see some weird coloring on this display.

Other than that, this is a fast MBP. I have the base model, and I put in a 256 GB SSD, and 16 GB of RAM. Very nice Mac.