Anyone have issues with the charging cable?

heyyitssusan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
I don't know if I'm the first one but when I plug in my watch to charge, after awhile it says "this accessory may not be supported with apple watch" even though I used the one that came directly with it. So Apple is sending me another one and hopefully that works.

n8huckins

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2015
I don't have this issue, but I do wish the magnetic action was stronger. Perhaps with the lighter all plastic charging puck it sticks better, don't know.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
I don't have this issue, but I do wish the magnetic action was stronger. Perhaps with the lighter all plastic charging puck it sticks better, don't know.
I have the plastic one and when I first put it on the charger it seems to not want to stick at all.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I don't know if I'm the first one but when I plug in my watch to charge, after awhile it says "this accessory may not be supported with apple watch" even though I used the one that came directly with it. So Apple is sending me another one and hopefully that works.
My 2nd AW arrived a few days ago and when I put it on the charger for the first time I got this message. Pulled the puck off and reapplied it and all was good and have not see that message since.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
My 2nd AW arrived a few days ago and when I put it on the charger for the first time I got this message. Pulled the puck off and reapplied it and all was good and have not see that message since.
Did it fully charge after that? I pulled it off several times and reapplied but it never seems to want to finish when it gets past 97%

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Did it fully charge after that? I pulled it off several times and reapplied but it never seems to want to finish when it gets past 97%
Not sure as it came with about 50% out of the box and I charged it only a while to make sure it would get through the day. I am waking up to a 100% charged watch in the am.

Maybe give it a few days or try a reset