Anyone have Laptop Legs (MacFeet)?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sw1tcher, Aug 17, 2007.

1. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

sw1tcher

Just wondering if anyone here have the laptop feet (Mac Feet) by Lapworks?

Thinking of getting them, but not sure how well made they are.

2. Steve1496 macrumors 6502a

Steve1496

I have a lapdesk for my notebooks. I saw it at Barnes and Noble. It's basically a padded plastic table--and it works well to keep ventilation good and cool. The MacFeet look interesting but hard to support unless its on a table.

3. sw1tcher thread starter macrumors 65816

sw1tcher

That's when I would use it... on a desk at work, at the library, at home, etc.

I don't want to lug around a lapdesk, so that option is out for me. Besides, it's convenient to have when taking the laptop from place to place. Just flip them open when you need them.

Right now, I just prop up the rear of the laptop with something (e.g. book, altoids tin, etc.) but it's not always stable so I'm looking for a better solution.

4. bennyboi macrumors regular

bennyboi

Podium Pad

I prefer the podium pad. The feet are cool. I do like them, but the podium pad does the same thing and actually keeps in off the table by a quarter inch or so. An intern spilled his soda around my (then new) powerbook years ago the day after I bought the pad and we just watched the orange liquid surround the podium pad and not a drop got on the mac. I just stared at him with a smile because I knew he was horrified and relieved at the same time. Was a good lesson learned without learning the REAL hard way. :p