Anyone have luck getting an iPhone 4 first come, first serve today?

TarHeelBorn88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
South Florida/ Chapel Hill
I heard Apple Stores are no longer doing reservations and all iPhone 4s are first come, first serve starting this weekend. However, I called the nearest five Apple Stores and all said they do not have any for first come, first serve yet.

I tried all Best Buys, Super Walmarts and no luck either.

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 68030
Jul 6, 2007
Wow, I'd be pretty ticked if I've been on a list for two weeks and now the list doesn't matter and I have to start camping out for a phone (I don't, I have mine, just making an example).

I thought Apple was trying to get enough product to the stores to eliminate the need for a list, not just doing away with the list.

Craiger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2007
I heard Apple Stores are no longer doing reservations and all iPhone 4s are first come, first serve starting this weekend. However, I called the nearest five Apple Stores and all said they do not have any for first come, first serve yet.

I tried all Best Buys, Super Walmarts and no luck either.
I called my apple store about an hour ago and they still said that I had to go on the priority list. I asked how many were on it and he said that was "top secret." :rolleyes:

TarHeelBorn88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
South Florida/ Chapel Hill
Just went on priority lists at the two closest store and the lady at one said I should have mine within a week, sweet! And BGR report says huge shipments today and tomorrow, I'm hoping mine comes in. And I believe they have to close out all priority lists before they can sell first come, first serve.

Martyimac

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2009
S. AZ.
Amazingly enough, even though the AT&T store here didn't have any, took a chance and the Radio Shack had 1, and only one. I have it now. :)