Anyone have luck in the past by going to a random remote carrier store in your area?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andyACEcandy, Sep 16, 2014.

1. andyACEcandy macrumors 6502a

I'm considering driving around a few T-Mobile stores in random (not as nice) areas of my city starting around 4-5am this Friday. I assume the nice shops in the obvious areas like popular malls or popular shopping centers will be SLAMMED with people camping out.

Wondering if anyone's ever had success going to the random remote areas where a carrier shop may be. Or would this be even worse? (assuming everyone has this in mind and is doing the same thing lol)

I guess I'd hate to wait around from 5am and the store opens and turns out they don't even have any iPhones lol. That's the risk I suppose.

2. ramblapacifica macrumors newbie

ramblapacifica

in 2012 for iphone 5 i called around, tried all the "non-apple" sellers was going to give up then on launch day discovered the AT&T store near me had phones and not long lines while the apple store in the same complex was swamped with long lines. drove over, was 4th in line, in and out in less than 40 minutes.

3. lienhart macrumors 6502

lienhart

For the iPhone 5 I went into a local Verizon store the day AFTER launch, and still got one. Albeit there were extremely few left according to the guy, but still able to get one. I was very happy.

4. toekneeg macrumors member

I think the plus will be very scarce. Still deciding myself on where to go

5. andyACEcandy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sounds like there's a chance then... I don't mind waiting a couple hours but really am not interested in the whole 10pm camp out thing haha

6. dagored macrumors 65816

For the 5 i went to my local AT&T store about 3 pm, wife changed her mind after seeing the 5 that fed ex delivered me that morning.

Walked out 20 minutes later with a 32 gig 5 for her. Took that long because they have you sign this and that, try to sell you a protection plan, etc. Waste of time.

Hopefully, they will have two slate 64 or 128 gig regular 6's Friday. Fingers crossed. I missed the Friday ordering and now, the manager told me, he will give me $200 each for our 5's and take it right off the $299 or $399 cost of each new 6. Thanks Apple for screwing up. I can only get about 175 each for them. Apple saved me $50/

7. c0reyann macrumors member

c0reyann

I was able to snag a 5S last year at the local Radio Shack that's in a semi-sketch area. However they only had the base model and I really regret going with it instead of waiting for one. If you're looking for the base model you may have luck at a Radio Shack.