Anyone have luck with Apple Battery Exchange?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Spoolin414, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Spoolin414 macrumors newbie

Alright after searching on here for awhile for my battery issues. I have found out I should download Coconut Battery to find out info about my battery.
    Anyway, specs of my computer

15.4" Macbook Pro
    2.4 Core2Duo
    4GB Ram
    500GB HDD
    OSX Leopard 10.5.5

Basically according to Coconut my battery is shot, 18 Months Old, 106 Charges and I am at 23% Health.

I looked around and found this link
    http://www.apple.com/support/macbook_macbookpro/batteryupdate/

Basically I believe my battery could fall under their exchange program, just wanted to find out if anyone has had luck with doing it by mail with Apple. Id rather just send my battery out or have them send me a battery rather than going to an Apple store and dealing with those guys.

Any help or advice would be gladly appreciated.

2. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

If you have not done so already, recalibrate your battery. It will be one of the first questions they ask after your name.

If you've already recalibrated go ahead and call applecare, be ready with your Mac's serial number, the battery cycle count, and mAh charge capacity reading.

If you've calibrated it, that battery is clearly defective and any rep will know that because they are all briefed on the battery policy.

Good luck, cheers!

3. Spoolin414 thread starter macrumors newbie

Caliberated it, not much changed. Call Apple today, after speaking with a rep who couldn't speak a lick of english I was transferred to someone else. Who identified my battery as not one of the ones considered defective by Apple. After explaining my cycle count, etc. He def agreed my battery was defective and they are sending me one at NO CHARGE! Just have to send back my defective battery so I am not charged for it. Thought it was pretty awesome customer support and care.

They said I should have my new battery Tuesday!