Anyone have no problems on 27" iMac with Fusion Drive?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by MrPeelNZ, Jan 26, 2013.

1. MrPeelNZ macrumors newbie

Hi there, I am aiming to purchase the top of the lone 27 inch iMac with added fusion drive but I'm slowly starting to not want to. All these problems people seem to be having is turning me off.

So question is: Is there anyone out there that has the new iMac and have had no issues with it?

2. SewHappy macrumors newbie

I got my to of the line iMac about 2 weeks ago. I was always an iPhone/iPad user but finally decided to get the 27in fusion drive iMac that just came out. I love it. It's so much faster than my previous PC. I haven't had any issues. Remember, most people don't write about how happy they are, so you might not get a fair judgement if all you are looking for is comments in a forum. I would focus on the reviews, which I found were excellent. Anyone can get a lemon, it happens. But how well does your dealer handle any issues is important.

My favorite thing about going from a PC to iMac? Not bloated software installs. My least favorite? No pre-softwares installed. So you will need to install flash ap, java and so forth.

3. crows macrumors member

Although my iMac I just got yesterday has the yellow tint issue on the bottom half of the screen I can tell you im impressed with the computer its got good specs saves space on my desk and can do what I need it to do. I was like you getting worried about buying the computer but remember you do have apple care for 1 year and if you get one with a problem you can always exchange it through apple, i'm going to exchange this iMac for another hopefully ill get a problem free display and ill be a happy customer.

If you can wait and don't need the computer right now I suggest you wait at least a month so these manufacturing issues with the display can be fixed.

4. MrPeelNZ thread starter macrumors newbie

It's just pre purchase jitters haha. I'm soo excited about getting one. I've had my MacBook Pro for two years and now I want a iMac to complete my apple set. It's just the waiting that's the problem. Spending so much money and having to wait 3 to 6 weeks is gona be tough

5. JoshMKB24 macrumors 6502a

JoshMKB24

I've had mine since Christmas eve and I have not had any problems "knock on wood" and have loved every second of it!

6. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

I suggested to my friend to buy a refurbished version of the previous generation, he's very happy with it.

7. brokeneck macrumors member

8. Stevi macrumors member

Stevi

The issues I have had are part of adjusting to a totally new system and the adjustments I've had to make. The actual iMac is awesome and I expect it to be even more so as I better understand how it works. While I'm not so keen on the learning, I am loving what I can do with it.

As others have mentioned the negative remarks will always seem more frequent than the positives. I posted about data migration issues that could be viewed as a negative, but the problems were with the old PC and not the new iMac.

9. DarrenUK macrumors regular

DarrenUK

I received the new 27" iMac with fusion drive just before Xmas, no problems at all and very happy with it. The fusion drive is fast.

10. FreemanW macrumors 6502

New to Mac here. 3.4GHz i7, GTX 680MX, with 3TB Fusion drive and user loaded 32GB of Crucial memory. Apple hooked me up with FedEx, overnight from Shanghai to Northern CA . . . picked up by FedEx in Shanghai at 11:06AM local on 12/12/12 and received at my door Dec 13th.

Man, this thing runs like a hungry Cheetah.

About the only way I can think of where I c/would be happier is if it had a 3TB SSD. :D

. . . . that someone else paid for . . . . :D

11. davsv1 macrumors newbie

Got my 27" with 3tb fusion and put 32 gskill memory on NYE. It is silent, fast, cool, (as in temp wise), hot (as in looks), screen is perfect ( to my eye) and has been no problem at all. I'm very happy with mine.
    I think the screen is the biggest improvement, I wanted a new one for a year or more ( old one is a 2006 model) but really didn't like the previous glossy screen.