Anyone have problems with Verizon single line plan on pre-order day?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by whyapplewhy, Sep 14, 2014.

1. whyapplewhy macrumors member

On pre-order night I was looking all over the Verizon website and it would only let me pick the share plans which would come out to around $90 a month as opposed to the single line plan for $60.

I ended up just ordering the iphone 6 with the shared plan so I could at least get my hands on the phone, which is expected to arrive this Friday.

Anyways I called them up seeing if I could switch plans since I haven't even activated the phone yet and they said they could not???

Anyone else have this issue?

2. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

They can switch the plan. It was a common issue.

3. whyapplewhy thread starter macrumors member

Do you have to wait until you get the phone because I just called them and rep said she would have to cancel the phone and order a new one which would delay my shipment weeks

4. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

After the phone is activated. If there is a pending order on the account, nothing can be changed.

5. whyapplewhy thread starter macrumors member

6. ttbhg macrumors newbie

You will definitely be able to change your plan after activating your phone.

7. RobinInOR macrumors 6502a

RobinInOR

I was going to do this as well, but...

I called them the next day to change to the single line, but after waiting for the rep to figure out how to do it, I kept reading their site and finally figured out the single line plan doesn't include the mobile hot spot support. To add it would be another 30/month.
    I wanted the hotspot so I could get rid of my mifi. Might not be a concern for you but thought I'd mention it.

8. accountforit macrumors 6502a

I tried ordering at 2:58am when they went live on the Verizon website. The individual plan was not there so I called them and placed my order that way. That plan is only being offered for a limited time. Still got in on time for 9/19 delivery.