Anyone have scratches on their home button yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mavrack, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Mavrack macrumors member

Mavrack

I got my iPhone 4 in May and my dad got his is June, they were both sealed. So right after we open them I went outside and I noticed small scratches on my home button only visible under direct sun light (Keep in mind I only used it for 10 minutes). Then when my dad got his, he as well noticed tiny scratches under direct sunlight even though he just opened it. So has anyone else had these problems? Like I said the scratches are ONLY visible under direct sunlight.

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hmm.. I'm still using a 3GS which I bought on launch day and I don't have any scratches.

3. boss.king, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2011

boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Similar story here. Nearly 2 year old 3GS, not a mark on the home button.

EDIT: To be honest I'm not really sure how one would scratch the home button.

4. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Not a scratch on the home button of my ip4. Idk.

5. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

If one keeps their finger nails trimmed you'll have a scratch free button, just like mine.

6. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Yes. As does the rest of my phone. Use the phone and enjoy it. It is a phone after all, its bound to get hammered. :)

7. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

The only time I've ever really noticed scratches was when I was replacing the screen protector on one of my 3Gs. When comparing the immaculate screen with the home button that has always been exposed, I could see many thin little scratches but nothing you could see normally.

8. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Under direct light, yes, I can see scratches on my home button. My screen is scratch free. Not a big deal. Press the home button once and your fingerprint hides the scratches.. lol.

9. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

your best bet is to not look for imperfections under direct sunlight.

10. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hmmmmmm......

o.c.d ..... perhaps ?

Just enjoy this awesome :apple: device !

11. chr macrumors regular

If you had a white phone you wouldn't see them.

12. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

I think the OP is talking about hairline surface scratches on his home button. I have them aswell (If I look at it in the light) the home button is made out of plastic. PLastic gets surface scratches (ask anyone who has ever bought a white macbook) its normal and I would not obsess over it.