anyone have sucess in network marketing?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by KwilsonCCO, Mar 14, 2010.

1. KwilsonCCO macrumors member

They all sound good at first anyone have sucess?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

Otherwise known as multi-level marketing? No success at all. Some do, but I'm not cut out for it. My husband is a natural-born sales person, and he didn't make any money at it.

You can find groups for it on Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.

4. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

He's talking about a pyramid scheme.

5. KwilsonCCO thread starter macrumors member

by sucess i meant anyone actually build a downline with a fair amount of people
    And why arent there simplier commision plans

6. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

I can tell you that wherever you are on my "friendship scale" (with 1 being "pretty much a stranger", up to 10 being "best buddies for life"), you automatically drop down a point if you call me to "talk about a business opportunity" and refusing to disclose details over the phone, and then follow up with a visit to my home to tell me about this great new business that you think I'd really be interested in. You lose TWO points if you bring your "upline" to the meeting without telling me in advance.

It's patronizing to pretend that somehow you're doing this for MY interest. Maybe that would have worked 20 years ago but today everyone knows that the only reason you called me is because you thought I would be an easy "mark".

If you really want to join one of these things, then I suggest you either make sure you have really dim-witted friends, or be really up front and honest about your expectations (something which they no doubt discourage in their training sessions).