anyone have the apple juniper credit card?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by twoodcc, Oct 10, 2007.

1. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i have one from a year ago, but never used it. it's a mastercard. now they are offering visa cards with iTunes rewards.....any chance i could get the itunes rewards on my card?

2. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Yeah...I noticed that. I have a Mastercard from about a year ago as well. I'd like the iTunes rewards!!

3. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

i emailed them about it. if i haven't heard anything by tonight, then i might call them

4. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

well they responded. said that the iTunes rewards are only for the Juniper Visa card......i'm thinking about applying for it. what do you think? is it worth it? i already have 2 credit cards, but i really only use 1 of them. i get rewards, but not so much. no itunes. i can get cash, but it's only 0.5% for cash, where with this visa, you get 1% back, but it's itunes card instead of cash

5. Clyde099 macrumors regular

I was rejected and I'm still kind of bitter about it.
    Guess that comes with the young age.

6. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

yeah, probably. i still haven't applied yet. i might do it today. we'll see

7. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Don't get a credit card just to get some stupid benefits. Contrary to what you may believe, having more available, unused credit actually hurts your credit rating. If you really think 1% back to iTunes cards is worth it, maintain your other two credit cards equally (or just get a better card - you can get anywhere up to 3% cash back with a choice card). 3% real cash sure beats 1% in iTunes.

8. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

well considering i'm only getting 0.5% cash back now....1 and 2% itunes rewards does sounds good

9. mdutch macrumors newbie

mdutch

I dunno. I got instantly approved and i'm an unemployed 19 year old part-time student. I have a very good credit score though.

10. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

well i have a great credit score also (over 750 i think), but i was declined, for whatever reason

11. mdutch macrumors newbie

mdutch

yeah, i just meant it's not a young thing because i am only 19. I was kinda surprised i got it tho....just a little, cause i don't work. I guess I am just lucky to have been approved then. my oldest account (1 other credit card) is only less than a year old. :confused: from what I read about it before i applied, they like for you to already have a credit card or two (they ask u on the application if you already have one. which I do) and they do not like inquiries. after you get the card, if you get a lot of new inquiries they may lower your CL to a couple hundred bucks because of it (or so i've heard). this is what my application was like.....i'm a student so i put that on the application obviously, i don't work so i answered no i'm not employed, and when it asked me my primary source of income i put parents, then it asked me the household income, then asked me how i was going to pay if i was approved and I just put "other" (cause i get a military allotment). and thats basically it. but "parents", thats probably why. just hopefully they won't do a CLD on me. oh, well. the card is not that great. oh and they pulled both trans union and equifax on me.

12. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

oh well. that's cool that you got it. i'm not really that bummed or anything, i've already got a credit card also

13. CarlsonCustoms macrumors 6502

I have the itunes card but have never used it.. more bills suck

14. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

IIRC, the rates on these cards are crazy high, no??

15. mdutch macrumors newbie

mdutch

yeah, they really are and if I remember correctly I got the highest one! But I don't plan on using it if I can't totally pay it off before the bill is due. just get some free music for my ipod by using it (eventually). i've never paid the least amount due on my credit card, I always pay it off every month and then start using it again. lol. i would not charge this cc and then pay a little every month. I use my card (now plural) just for convenience and for my credit! usage helps my score. i don't use them because I don't have money.

16. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

yeah same here. that's what i do, and i would never buy something i couldn't afford, and by afford i mean have the money already

17. underdog69 macrumors newbie

18. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

i didn't get it anyways. what makes it so bad?

19. mdutch macrumors newbie

mdutch

yeah, what makes it so bad? saying it's the worst card doesn't tell us anything. I have the card and it has been great so far :D I'm starting to like it better than my Cap1 card and they just gave me a credit limit increase 1k. I haven't had any problems with it at all. plus it looks really cool :cool: lol

20. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

I have one that I just got, it paid for part of my MacBook. It is my second credit card, I am a 19 year old student. I probably shouldn't have two credit cards with balances on them, but I always pay my bills (one card will be paid off by the end of the month as I use it only for gas discounts and then pay it back). The Apple card I will pay over the minimum balance (obviously) but it will be a couple of months before it is paid in full. I think after it is paid in full from the MacBook purchase I might use it like at Starbucks where I would be spending money out of my pocket anyhow so I can get the iTunes rewards.

According to my agreement it is a points system where non-Apple purchases reward 1 point and Apple purchases reward 2 points per dollar. I wonder if my first purchase will then have given me 980 points as it was an Apple purchase of $490 on the card. Which makes me wonder what 980 points is worth in the store.