Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Game 161

macrumors Penryn
Dec 15, 2010
UK
my air 2 i had the white smart cover and felt it got rather dirty but when you take it out and about its expected.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
If I can get 6 months out of it I will be happy. A year won't happen because knowing me I will get the Pro 2 and sell this one before then. lol

Fthree

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2014
I have a space grey ipp with the smart keyboard and white silicone back. Looks amazing! If I had the white front I'd get the black rear silicone. Their is not a better case out for these

The Game 161

macrumors Penryn
Dec 15, 2010
UK
If I can get 6 months out of it I will be happy. A year won't happen because knowing me I will get the Pro 2 and sell this one before then. lol
Ha tell me about it.

I have a problem ha. iPhone 7 plus and pro 2 come end of the year....but damn I'm only just enjoying the first pro ha

LiveM

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2015
Thats great to hear. I get concerned of the felt inside as its consistently on a desk or being touched on a surface to get dirty but eh, its a case. It is doing what is supposed to do and a level of dirty is expected. I love the look of it. Almost stormtrooperish. :)
You probably misunderstood - the case is on the back and sides of the iPad. The cover, with the felt feel, will get dirty so pick a dark colour. The case is easy to keep clean, so you should feel confident even with a white one.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
I may be regretting this decision already. The smart cover is marked up some already and has traces of oil/discoloration on the edge where I carry it.

Maybe I should have gone with my normal instincts and get a black iPP and black combo versus going different this time!!

I am within my 14 day return but have never returned anything to Apple. Is it a big deal to switch out the entire setup for black?

Eric5273

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2009
New Jersey
I may be regretting this decision already. The smart cover is marked up some already and has traces of oil/discoloration on the edge where I carry it.

Maybe I should have gone with my normal instincts and get a black iPP and black combo versus going different this time!!

I am within my 14 day return but have never returned anything to Apple. Is it a big deal to switch out the entire setup for black?

If I was going to do that, I would just return the white ones, and then buy the black ones at another time. Less chance of being hassled about it.

As for the white getting dirty, that is why I always get the black ones. I love the way the white ones look, but it's just a matter of time before it gets dirty.

xsdeus

macrumors regular
May 24, 2012
San Diego, CA

I bought the Smart Keyboard, and it's been holding up fine.

On a side note, I've had to unexpectedly fly out on an international line, and the iPad Pro held up well during the trip.

Reactions: Fthree

Fthree

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2014

Take it back and explain, they won't care

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.