Anyone have the Belkin Pull-Tab case?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by louis0nfire, Aug 9, 2008.

1. louis0nfire macrumors 6502

This one: http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS557LL/A?mco=MTM2OTQyNA

I'm thinking of getting it.

I don't like silicon cases because of dust/lint and scratches to the chrome and back once it gets inside.
    I don't like plastic shell cases because I find myself removing them every day to clean out the dust and such that gets trapped.

Anyone like this case or dislike it?

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

i liked it when my bro had it n i used it, but i dont really want it for ME...meaning im not that type of a person

i want a case like http://store.apple.com/us/product/T...ccessories/cases&mco=MTQxNDE&p=3&s=topSellers

that, only it covers everything on the front and the back, cept the touch screen and the HOME button, and it got a holster/belt clip, and its permant, meaning it stays on , it got a DOCK cable hole in bottom, volume button holes in side, and a Power button on top, and a earpiece/proximity sensor holes to....thatd be my PERFECT case!

3. RobLikesBrunch macrumors regular

Almost every case on the market has that :|

4. crazyyankeefan macrumors regular

If you want this type of case, get the similar one from Marware. The Belkin one is made in China, while the Marware one is made in Taiwan.

5. johny5 macrumors 6502a

johny5

LOL about right, its the old dollar = similar price in uk pounds!
    I have this case and it cost me £25!
    I think it is a great case, before I ordered a cheap "leather" sleeve off ebay from a chinese chap and kind of liked that but knew it was thin plastic and wouldnt really protect it if i dropped the iphone.

The leather on the belkin case is thicker but not that thick to make it too big imho.
    The pull tab is a great idea, if a call comes in your not fighting with the phone to try and remove it from a tight sleeve, just pull the tab and out it pops. Its still tight but at least you can get a finger and thumb on the iphone to pull it out.
    I only had one issue with the belkin though and that was that the velcro on the tab didnt seem like it would last that long? the fluffy part of the velcro started coming apart a little but when i took it back to the apple store they just swapped it for another new one.
    They said to see how it goes and if it does it again I can get a refund but tbh i will keep this one as i do like it that much.
    I even have an invisible shield on my iphone and removed the screen section of the shield as i have all the protection i need with the belkin.

A good buy at $30, shame i didnt get mine from the USA!

6. crazyyankeefan macrumors regular

Well...the Marware one works exactly like that Belkin one. Don't know which is imitating which. Anyway, the Marware one has the pull tab also.

7. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

not really....i need something under 30$ really...and its for the First. Gen.

8. Clyde099 macrumors regular

I'd recommend the Beyza Roadline-Slim case.
    There's a thread on here somewhere with pictures of the black case.
    There's also a 20% off coupon floating around.
    In the end this will roughly cost around $50 shipped to the states.

http://www.beyzacases.com/

9. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

I have it and really like it very much indeed for the reasons stated above.

I'd recommend it!