Anyone have the bumper pouch by Sena ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by richxps, Oct 13, 2010.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Looking for a review of this case, could not find much yet.
    Im trying to find some sort of pouch or sleeve to carry my iphone with bumper in, currently i have it in a Moshi bag but its sort of hard to remove it fast.

2. rleepremier macrumors member

ive seen the sena cases at the apple store. i can tell you that for the same price basically sena has nothing on the beyza cases. with these bumper cases you are not gonna be able to get it out quickly because of the rubber on the bumpers. beyzacases cant be used with a bumper but man they're high quality. also if you want a holster type for the bumper try handhelditems.com. they have a plastic holster and i have to say for $10 it was definetly worth it.

3. Phrasikleia macrumors 601

Phrasikleia

Reviving this thread in the hopes that someone actually owns and is using the Sena Bumper Pouch and can offer some firsthand information about it.

1) How is the belt clip on it? Does it grip well? Is it really sturdy plastic or is it the weakest link?

2) How smoothly does the phone slide in and out of the case?

I'm asking for my father, who is looking for a good leather holster case to use with his iPhone4 + rubber skin (thinner than the original Apple bumper).

Thanks.

4. normwood macrumors 6502a

normwood

I meet 1/2 your qualifications but I'm going to respond anyway. :)

I have one...but don't use it. I ordered it from Sena and used it for a few days...maybe a week...but knew going into it that I wasn't a belt holster kinda guy. Left front pocket all the way!

Since I carry it that way I've never really been a bumper guy either because I was always concerned I would bump into something at work and would break the back glass. I am changing jobs at the end of the month and will probably give the bumper another try....but not the belt pouch.

1) The clip is the spring steel variety with a leather cover. It is integral with the pouch....not removable. The pouch rotates on the belt clip with pretty darned positive detents so it stays where you adjust it too. The clip also seems very strong. I don't recall having it slip of my belt once in the couple of days I used it.

2) In my particular pouch it slides out smoothly but there is a little effort involved. It is snug in there but I really think over time and use it would loosen up.

Hope that helps.

Steve

5. dawgfan macrumors 6502

dawgfan

normwood - do you still have the sena bumper pouch?