Anyone have the Craft ROBO Pro?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by SnowX, Apr 21, 2009.

1. SnowX macrumors newbie

After recently doing my wedding invitations, I'm getting fed up of cutting! Cutting with regular 90 degree angles is fine, but anything at irregular angles is a pain, specially when I'm producing many printed, finished samples for clients.

I started looking into the world of scrapbooking as they have many tools that can apply to graphic design. Right now I have my eye on the Craft ROBO Pro by Graphtec America (http://www.craftrobostore.com/). Has anyone tried one of these? The price is a bit steep, but results seem to be amazing! Specially since you cut straight from Illustrator.

2. dazzer21 macrumors 6502

My Wife's got one - her's is called a silhouette, looks just like a standard inkjet printer. You get a low tack mat on which you put the paper and then just feed it in. Draw your shapes in a Vector package (she's on a PC and uses the supplied software, but I'm sure Illustrator is an option) and Bob's your uncle. It shows up in the OS as another printer and you 'print' to it in the normal way. Then it feeds the paper in and out while moving the cutting head left and right. Works REALLY well. She's got another one (won it in a raffle) which is about £350-worth, but I think the first one was about £150.