Anyone have the WaterField Racer-X bag?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Fireproof!, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

I've done countless searches on laptop bags. Lots of great information. So far, these three mfrs caught my eye:

- WaterField (Racer-X)
    - Tom Bihn (Zephyr)
    - Brenthaven (Prolite I)

I need/prefer something a bit more conservative and understated, which is why I'm leaning towards a traditional laptop bag. And I don't carry a ton of stuff in it, so have been looking for something small-medium in size, not a large bag.

Anyway - I really like the WaterField Racer X for it's size and apparent utility.

Does anyone have one? Would love to get feedback on this specific bag.

2. Mpulsive81 macrumors 6502

I have a Waterfield sleeve and I'll tell ya, it's one of the better purchases I've made for my Macbook. Waterfield isn't the the cheapest but the quality is evident. I have a STM Alley sling bag as well but I hardly (never) use it.

3. Fireproof! thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

They seem to be a real top-notch outfit.

I ordered the super thin suede sleeve from WF just to protect from scratches (not drops or whatever), and it arrived quickly, neatly wrapped, and is well made. Makes me want the laptop bag even more now. :)

Thanks for the feedback.

4. AZ-GT macrumors member

The Racer-X is awesome, everything Waterfield makes it superb quality. I had the Racer-X for my 12" aluminum Macbook. When it came time to let the Macbook go I missed the Racer-X more then the laptop. :D

5. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

Have their cargo bag. Must say it's great and looks stylish. That company certainly sets a high watermark for customer service...

6. Fireproof! thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

Just an update - I went with Brenthaven and LOVE it. High quality bag, zippers, materials, and I feel it offers great protection for my MB!

FYI. :)