Anyone have this Bumper w/ clear sides....

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by STC, Nov 3, 2011.

1. STC macrumors 6502a

So I just bought this bumper on eBay. Anyone have experience w/ similar cases. I thought it looked cool, plus it'll show off my LL wraps.

2. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

bought a couple, buttons fell off a few days later.

3. cvam1985 macrumors regular

I just got mine. It's ok - very cheaply made. Sharp edges and a few little hanging pieces from the cut-outs. I guess you get what you pay for.

It looks very good though so I'm gonna stick with it until it falls apart (I don't have high hopes for it). Where the black and clear meet on the sides looks kinda crappy but from a distance you can't tell.

The volume buttons are surprisingly good though. The power button, not so much. It doesn't provide that satisfying click that the official apple bumper does. I also had to adjust it a couple times because it seemed like the power button was getting stuck and my phone was restarting itself due to it. I'm gonna try and cut a little piece of microfiber to stick between the bumper and the power button - I think that may help some.

All in all, worth the 6 bucks but don't expect too much in terms of quality.

4. stfwayne macrumors regular

I have the identical bumper but the official one made by Scosche

I bought two bumpers from Scosche, both from Amazon, black and purple.
    One was $15 (Black) and the other was 12 (Purple).

Ive been very pleased with the bumper so far. Sometimes its better to pay the extra 5-10 dollars to get the official product than some cheap Chinese knockoff on eBay.

5. cvam1985 macrumors regular

Do you have it on a 4 or a 4s? The cheap one on eBay I bought works great with my 4S - the buttons align just right and the mute switch has plenty of room. It's actually a LOT easier to use the mute switch than with the official Apple bumper.

If the Scosche one works good with a 4S I might give it a go.

6. stfwayne macrumors regular

I have been using mine on a Verizon iPhone 4 however my friend has a 4S and recently purchased a black Scosche case and he loves it.

7. cvam1985 macrumors regular

Thanks! I'll try it out. Although, I just looked it up on amazon and it's got black buttons, not the metal ones. But if it works better it should be worth it.