Anyone have this Diamond Silicone case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Ferris23, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I think the black looks so nice and it's slick, the company states it doesn't have any static to attract dust. It looks very smooth to me and has a shine.

I really like the silicone cases because they work well with a best skin ever but hate the lint magnet aspect.

This looks pretty good for a solution to that.

Anyone know anything about these???

http://www.more-thing.com/diamond-series-iphone-3g.html

2. jwflutterby macrumors regular

I got the "dark pink" (they called it red when I ordered) for my white iPhone and when the only pic they had was of it on a black iPhone... I wasn't happy because it was very pink on a white iPhone...

I can tell you for the few days I had it before selling it to a friend that likes pink that it seemed like a decent case... It is definately more of a shiny finish than your average silicon case but it still had a good "grippiness" that made it feel like it wouldn't slide out of your hand easily.. My only other complaint than the color might be that the material was very stiff... It was a little difficult to get the iPhone in the case because there almost no stretch to the case... I also had trouble with the down volume button getting constantly pushed down by the case a couple of the times I put it on... I could take the case off and adjust it a little when I was putting it back on and get it not to hold the button down but it was a bit of a hassle... On the plus side the diamond texture that was on the inside of the case seemed like it added more cushion and would provide some good shock diffusion if you ever dropped your phone...

All in all I thought it was a decent case but maybe a bit over-priced.. Plus keep in mind it is coming from HK so shipping takes a bit longer... Plus they ship signature required so if you aren't home during the day add another day to the ship time to go pick it up from the post office the day after they first try to deliver... HTH...

3. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

Wow, great info. Thanks!

From the sounds of it, I might have a problem getting this case to fit over a skin (Invisible Shield, Best Skin Ever) Does that sound like it would be the "case"?

:)

I say that based on how hard you said it was to get the phone in.

4. jwflutterby macrumors regular

I didn't have a skin on and I was having trouble so you might have even more trouble with a skin... I mean it did kinda stretch so you might be ok... I just saw these this morning tho... Looks pretty much the same but more colors, cheaper and it looks like a US shipper (they might get you with the shipping costs though, didn't look real close)...

http://store.phonedifferent.com/smartphone-experts-full-hd-skin-case/4A54A3940.htm

5. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

I got the clear white diamond case for my girlfriend. My review is quite simple, for almost $30 including shipping, I have much better expectation than what was delivered. The skin is good, but it sure doesn't compare to an InCase. Also you can notice several minor imperfection with the way it's cut, which at ~$30 is not really worth it.