ANyone have this dock that you can use with case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Lostsol, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Lostsol macrumors regular

I saw this on ebay. Most of the docks on there come from Hong Kong and seem to be pretty cheap. This one is basically just a stand that you run your existing cable up under and it has a slot to insert the dock connector. Then you set your iphone on the connector that is sticking up and it rests on the stand. I think it looks pretty cool and I know the connector would work because it would be mine. I DO NOT sell these -- they come from a company in CA. It's called the Sinjimoru dock if you want to google it. I just wanted to know if anyone has it and what they think of it.

[​IMG]

2. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

I read that is isn't recommended for iPhone 4 users because the back of the phone won't rest on the back of the stand. So that phone is basically floating in air held up by the dock cable. Also, it isn't compatible with the iphone 4 bumpers if you were planning on using them. It should be fine for 3G/3GS though.

3. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

4. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

I have this dock and it does work with the i4 but NOT with the apple bumper on (does work with my case mate case on). It was $10 on Amazon when I bought it.

5. Lostsol thread starter macrumors regular

Why doesn't it work with the bumper if it will work with a case? I do believe you -- just wondering what keeps it from working?

6. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

My casemate case is completely open on the bottom whereas the bumper bottom is not - only at the port (unfortunately because all their stinking screen shots show a bumper like case on it).

Some Amazon reviewers also found this.

I do love the sleek look though.