Anyone have this happen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NDimichino, Sep 11, 2008.

1. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

Okay, it's happened a handful of times and I didn't really think about it until it happened again last night...

My phone was not on vibrate, so obviously in the event of a call or text, it should ring.

I received a call, the caller ID showed name and picture, but all it did was vibrate.

Then I attempt to answer, I slide and the screen goes black, I'm talking, and it keeps vibrating.

I hit the Sleep/Wake button and the screen came back on, showing the "Slide to Unlock" with the caller ID name and picture still showing. I slide again, this time it prompts me to enter my password. I do. It goes to the normal home screen with the green bar at the top that you touch to return to call.

I tap that, and it goes to the call, like normal. The timer is at 0:00, so I hit "End Call." It ends the call and the screen goes black.

Biggest problem here: The vibration did not stop the entire time, even after I successfully ended the call. It was so odd.

The vibrate didn't end until I powered it off. I restarted and it was fine. It hasn't happened a lot, about three or four times since before even 2.0 came out. Maybe it's my phone.

Anyone else have this happen?

2. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

Nope. You could have a defective phone, I'd take it back to Apple.

3. NDimichino thread starter macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

I think I'm past that. Got my phone in September 2007, hell, it's even a 4GB.

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

You get 1 year warranty, so unless you bought it before 365 days ago you can still take it in and have Apple Replace it.

TEG

5. NDimichino thread starter macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

Really? Even with scratches and an obvious year of wear?

And what would they replace it with, I have the one phone that hasn't been made in nearly a year.

6. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

As TEG said, there is a 1 year warranty, so they would replace the phone if they determine that the problem isn't made by you (in other words as long as there are no huge dents in it). Even though the 4GB phone hasn't been available for consumer purchase they still have refurbs to replace it with.

7. golgo1313 macrumors regular

I believe they have those in "white box" stock. Probably refurbs but they will have them.

8. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

I've had that happen once or twice, so you're not crazy.

I also have a 4gb, but I bought it on launch day, so I'm hoping any weirdness gets resolved with 2.1. I'd greatly prefer not to spend another 199 for a phone less than two years later.

9. NDimichino thread starter macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

Maybe it was something with 4GB iPhones sold in New Jersey then haha.

I'm going to see what they can do, because if I can get a new one, obviously I'd love to.

10. FJR macrumors regular

Yeah, they still have plenty of refurb 4GBs. I have one and had it replaced not too long ago.

Also, at least at the Apple Store I go to, the manager there told me that as long as it was on warranty it would be replaced, even if they ran out of 4GB refurbs they would give me the next closest replacement they had available. (ie an 8GB 2G if they were completely out of 4GB refurbs).