Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

melman101

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
So I got two watches on order, with my credit card.

However, someone has got access to my card, and created an Amazon account with my information and card, and ordered something.

So I needed to cancel the card, and get issued a new one. However, I have my orders on that account.

I should be getting my new card tomorrow, at which I will call Apple. Just hope I don't have to go to the back of the line.

k20dub

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
This same exact thing happened to me a few days ago :confused: I just called Apple and had them switch the card that I used to pay for it on. She assured me I would not lose my spot in line and it looks like I didn't according to my order status page. Although I may call ASAP and put it on a different card rather than wait til you get the new one.

By chance, was your charge from Amazon from Seattle?

melman101

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
This same exact thing happened to me a few days ago :confused: I just called Apple and had them switch the card that I used to pay for it on. She assured me I would not lose my spot in line and it looks like I didn't according to my order status page. Although I may call ASAP and put it on a different card rather than wait til you get the new one.

By chance, was your charge from Amazon from Seattle?

YES!!!!!! It was Amazon marketplace. Someone created an account on the 14th, and ordered something! Insane.

I should be getting my card tomorrow, and I have ship dates of May 13th - 27th, so I think I'm gonna wait it out to get it taken care of tomorrow.

DC Wallaby

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2014
I accidentally entered the wrong billing address when using Apple Pay, so I had to go back and have them fix it. I'm annoyed that the change hasn't showed up on my end, but they say it's in the system and won't be a problem.

The 24th can't get here soon enough ...

k20dub

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
YES!!!!!! It was Amazon marketplace. Someone created an account on the 14th, and ordered something! Insane.

I should be getting my card tomorrow, and I have ship dates of May 13th - 27th, so I think I'm gonna wait it out to get it taken care of tomorrow.

Wow, that's a crazy coincidence. Hope that person gets caught. :mad:

melman101

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Wow, that's a crazy coincidence. Hope that person gets caught. :mad:

I'm still trying to figure out how it happened, or from where.

Anyhow, hope I'm good by waiting till tomorrow. I have another credit card, but I'd rather not use it.

melman101

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Ok got my new card. They changed the billing information on all four of my orders.

2 watches, 2 sports bands, all ordered separately. No problems whatsoever. She said I wouldn't see the change on the Apple Store order site, but I actually did.

Lastly, she thought I had 4 watch orders, and said that there was a limit of 2 per customer, and that some orders would be canceled. I told her I canceled my additional orders a long time ago and only have two watch orders. She said, ok good deal.

:) No problem whatsoever.

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
I accidentally entered the wrong billing address when using Apple Pay, so I had to go back and have them fix it. I'm annoyed that the change hasn't showed up on my end, but they say it's in the system and won't be a problem.

The 24th can't get here soon enough ...

For what it's worth, exactly the same thing happened to me... Apple pay was set up with the wrong billing address and I didn't catch it until after the order was placed. I called apple and they changed it, but the new address doesn't show up on the order status page.

I called back and the last guy I spoke with said that he's changed billing addresses in the past and he was aware that the change isn't reflected on the order status page. It was encouraging that when I called in the second time he did already have the correct billing address in his system.

In my case I actually have two orders. I have one with the wrong billing address with a 3:01 (eastern) time stamp on the confirmation email and then one with a 3:04 time stamp with the correct billing address. At 3AM when I was pre-ordering I wasn't sure if I would be able to fix the billing address, so I just ordered a second identical watch. Both orders show the 4/24-5/8 delivery window, but I'm hesitant to cancel that 3:01 order because I'm afraid that those few minutes might be the difference between a 4/24 and a 5/8 delivery.

I'm also hesitant to cancel the 3:04 order because even though apple assures me that the billing address has been changed I'd hate for them to have a problem when they go to charge the card that might result in the delay or cancellation of that order.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.