Anyone have too many games?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by GFLPraxis, Jan 2, 2008.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Grar.

Let's see.

I've become utterly addicted to Guitar Hero 3 and am working my way through Hard mode after owning the game for only maybe two weeks (and it being my first GH game).

I'm still working on Super Mario Galaxy.

I have a borrowed copy of Batallion Wars II (in exchange for a loan of Super Mario Strikers) I've only touched a little.

I finally beat Phantom Hourglass a week or two ago.

I have a completely unopened copy of Zack and Wiki.

I haven't even completed my review copy of MegaMan Star Force (WAY behind on that one :( ).

I've borrowed Shadow of the Colossus and am halfway through.

I've hardly even touched Star Trek: Tactical Assault (it's old by now).

I have an unopened copy of Fishing Master Hudson gave me at their event and an unopened untouched copy of Rapala Fishing Tournament (way old now) someone gave me.

A very poor friend of mine finally got a PC donated to him with a Geforce 2, which was enough to run City of Heroes, and leeching off the neighbor's WiFi, started playing his first MMO. Since I caught CompUSA selling off excess copies for $3, I had purchased a number of copies of City of Heroes (each one comes with a free month), and I gave some to him and kept some for myself, so I activated one of my free months and started playing City of Heroes again. Stupid time-sucking MMOs!

My friends decided now would be a good time to get back into the tradition of coming to my house for Age of Empires 2 LAN parties with all my excess PCs.

I skipped MegaMan ZX 2 altogether despite my love for the MegaMan series (especially the handheld ones).

And I still have three friends expecting me to come and fix their broken PCs, and my part-time internship IT job, my web site (which has just had a very, very poor spell of no updates due to all of this), and school (oh thank goodness for winter break, but it's almost over).

And there's only a month till Smash Bros comes out!

I never thought I'd be complaining about having too many games, but here it is :(:(:( It's only a hassle because:
    1) Some are borrowed, so I have to get them back
    2) I have to review some of these for the companies!

Anyone else have any "too many games" stories? I don't even have a 360 or PS3, and I'm still overwhelmed by the onslaught!

(half of the reason I'm creating this thread is so that next time some wise guy tells me that I suck because I don't have all 120 stars on SMG yet I can link them to it.)

2. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

With gems like Rapala Fishing Tournament it's no wonder you can't get through them all :p

3. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

The downside of being a reviewer is having to wade through the crap you get :( I already played through a couple of Garfield games (actually, surprisingly not bad).

I forgot to list the untouched, unopened copy of BRATZ PONYZ!!! I recieved in the mail. I'm so excited!:rolleyes::D

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

My current PSP library, heh. That's a big fish I've still got to eat through (WTF :confused:), still gotta beat MP3 and 100% Galaxy.

I'm also trying to unlock Sonic in Smash Bros Melee before Brawl comes out. Then I'll have 100%ed it.

5. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Sonic? You been reading Geocities cheat code websites again? :D

6. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

I pretty much destroy games? I beat HL2:E2 in about 5 hours on the highest difficulty. I guess that's why I never seem to have any on the go.

The only game I'm playing right now is Umbrella Chronicles, which I bought today on the way home from the hardware store. That one will last me awhile though, since I bought it just to play with a friend.

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I have WAY too many games that it's shameful. :eek:

8. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Right now on the go I have...

Killzone Liberation
    FFT: War of the Lions
    Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
    Uncharted
    Mass Effect
    Zelda Phantom Hourglass
    Ratchet and Clank
    Warhawk

Plus a bunch of new (old) N64 I picked up. It's a little psycho. I barely got any gaming in since I was away most of the Xmas break and now it's back to work and back to class next week *sigh* oh well :D only 2 weeks till Burnout Paradise!

9. michaelltd macrumors regular

michaelltd

Xbox 360
    Call of Duty 4
    Eternal Sonata
    Assassin's Creed
    Rainbow Six: Vegas
    GRAW2

Xbox
    Splinter Cell: Double Agent

PS2
    Shadow of the Colossus

Wii
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Nintendo DS
    Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2007

Games in Development
    Un-named 3D DigiPen Project
    Roger Wilco's Math Flight (Flash Game)
    Math Racer (Flash Game)

10. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I know how you feel about this man...GH3 & 2(I'm getting really good) is eating a way all of my time these days...that game is addictive.

I was thinking about selling my DS because I'm barley using it but I think I will hold out for that game that catches my eye.

Bless

11. rezenclowd3 macrumors 6502a

rezenclowd3

Undoing the work of Priuses: burning gas & rubber
    I have 50 PSP games, 80 Xbox games (on the xbox harddrive mind you), 6 Xbox 360 games and I think 17 PS2 games. I sold my Dreamcast which I had about 40 games for. (all #s are approximations. I don't want to count.) All in all, I think I have only beat about 20 games as so many disappoint me, and the fact that I am trying to ween myself off of video games for my newest hobby, racing real RC cars...and enjoying the real, non-virtual life. ;-) THAT is so much more fun than any video game I have owned.

Selfless track promotion: SBRCCA.org and Revrace.com

12. michaelltd macrumors regular

michaelltd

Oh well if we are counting number of games owned, then I own about 160 games.

13. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

my game library is definitely small compared to what some of you guys must have, but i do have more games than i know what to do with. three of my games haven't even been opened, and two have been opened but haven't been played. just where do you find the time?

14. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

Exactly the problem for me...I don't have a HUGE gaming library, but it's huge for the amount of time I have. Some games I haven't touched in months.

Xbox 360 (newest first, the ones I'm actually playing lately):
    Guitar Hero III
    Assassin's Creed
    The Orange Box (currently playing HL2; beat Portal)
    Call of Duty 4
    Halo 3
    GRAW2
    Forza 2
    Rainbox Six: Vegas
    Gears of War

Clearly, I'm into first person shooters ;)

I'm not a hardcore gamer though, since I don't have as much time to spend on it, which gets really frustrating when I try to play online. I can hold my own in Halo 3 most of the time, but in CoD4 I get my ass handed to me every time. Like -11 is typically my spread.

15. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I was doing pretty well until about a month ago. Up to that point I only had a view old games that I was going to spend my vacation time playing and finishing. Then my friends XBox 360 died and I borrowed a few of his games. Now my list is:

- Splinter Cell: DA (Mine and an old one I am almost finished)
    - Lost Planet ( I wanted to go back and get all the target markers in each level)
    - Bioshock (from friend)
    - Rainbow 6: Vegas (from friend)
    - COD 4 (Bought at BestBuy because it was $38)
    - Scene IT:LCA (got for Christmas, was expecting to get it but it is very good)

I finally just beat Bowser is Mario Galaxy, but I only have about 65 stars. I doubt I will go and get everyone though, it will probably be a game I will go and play every once in a while to pick up a star here and there.

I really wanna finish BioShock before I have to give it back so I am have been pushing to get through it.

16. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

According to the Surgeon General, you guys may be suffering from gaming addiction. Your admittance of this, here, is the first step in the long process of recovering from your sickness.

Game on. Don't taze me bro.

17. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

To the contrary, the fact that many of them are still in the wrapping means I WANT to suffer from it and can't find the time to ;)

18. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

:D Yeah, that's my problem – more games then ever and not nearly enough time with work/social life.

19. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Well ain't that the truth... When you're a kid, you don't have the money to buy every game you're interested in but typically have loads of free time. Once you finally have the income to afford any and as many games as you want, work and an adult social life/relationships get in the way.

I have a number of games that I bought but have yet to play:

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (GCN) - was a gift for me, years ago. Don't know if I'll ever get to it at this point
    Mortal Kombat: Deception (GCN) - Doubt I'll ever play it now
    SSX Blur (Wii) - Was an impulse buy when there were no other good Wii games out
    Transformers (Wii) - was a gift this past Christmas, I may or may not exchange it for something else
    Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (Wii) - waiting to beat Fire Emblem before I get to it but I WILL play it

For the very reason of having too many games and too little time to play, I've held off on purchasing new games. Notably:
    Orange Box (PS3)
    Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3)
    Folklore (PS3)
    BWii (Wii)
    Mortal Kombat Armageddon (Wii)
    Uncharted (PS3)

I want them all but am waiting to see if there will be time in between "major" releases.

20. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Ugh. Waaaaay too many games and no time to play them. Doesn't help that I simply HAVE to own all the consoles so I can get the exclusives, or that my 6YO son attaches himself to me as soon as I get home, making it impossible to play the 'T' and 'M' games except during that short 90 minutes between his bedtime and my own [which is the only time I get with my wife, too].

Upside? I'm getting decent at Wii Sports, Mario Strikers Charged, and Pokemon Battle Revolution.:)

21. FullCollapse macrumors regular

just got a 360 for christmas with:
    -Call of Duty 4
    -Halo 3
    -Saints Row

PS2 games to eventually finish:
    -Kingdom Hearts 2
    -Shadow of the Colossus
    -God of War 1 & 2

haven't had much time to play my xbox because i have to put it in the family room for now, the tv i'd normally have in my room is at school right now. work is eating a lot of my time right now, plus i just got my first character to outland in WoW recently.

22. Xtreambar macrumors regular

Let's see, since early October:

* Just blew through COD:4 and am now working through the awesome multiplayer
    * Done with the first few colossi of Shadow of the Colossus
    * Picked-up GTAIII:SA for $7 and barely played more than an hour or two of it
    * About three hours into MGS2

What can I say? I just finished grad school applications and am only now having my first free time in about three months!

23. rezenclowd3 macrumors 6502a

rezenclowd3

Undoing the work of Priuses: burning gas & rubber
    Shadow of the Colossus was awesome. I rented it out of nowhere and was amazed at the style. Also, there is much to do in the game, but it doesnt tell you, ie fly a hawk!

24. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Today at work I created my List of Shame (ala 1up) of all the games I own that I haven't finished. My newest New Year Resolution is to take a big dent out of the (big ass) list. Better get to it ;)

25. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

You guys are making me feel old.

New thread: list of shame?