Anyone have Trouble finding their songs in Itunes on Ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by andrewjv, May 31, 2010.

1. andrewjv macrumors newbie

I have the new 3G+Top of the Line with all the bells and whistles Ipad.

I recently went and thought I had transferred all of my song library (about 60 songs) that I had purchased or transferred from my MacBookPro laptop's Itunes to my Ipad.

I know this happened because when I connect my Ipad to my Laptop and click on "devices" in Itunes, I can see the songs in a "shaded" format. In fact, I was once able to play the songs on the Ipad.

For some reason now I can no longer "get to" the songs on the Ipad.

When I open-Itunes on the Ipad, all I get are the advertised songs you can buy plus messages like "Genius song recommendations: 'You bought music by David Crowed band 'Hope Now.''" (That is because I downloaded one of his songs legally from Itunes, paid for it, it was on my laptop and I thought I had transferred it properly from my laptop to the Ipad.)

I've done everything I could including "authorize this computer" (Ipad). I got a confirmation message, etc.

I've tried scrolling to the right and left on the Ipad and still can't find my library.

I've gone to Downloads and all it shows is one lecture that has been partially downloaded that I didn't want anyway.

Where is my music that shows up when I hook up to my laptop in devices but I can't find when I open up my Ipad independently?

The only thing I seem to be getting are the things for sale and no personal music library. But it does seem to recognize every artist I've ever bought a record or paid for a purchase from in my laptop.

Thanks.

2. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

You say you are opening iTunes on the iPad, open the iPod app instead.

3. andrewjv thread starter macrumors newbie

Oops--Ipods may have been deleted by installer.

Oops. I think when I had someone set up my Ipad originally it may have been deleted because the person who did it asked me if I was going to do alot of music on my Ipad before I realized how "hooked' I would be and I don't see it there anymore. It may still be on it but how I would I go about re-installing it if it was indeed removed after the initial set up?

Do I go to the Apple website to do this?

Thanks for any advice and help in "how to install Ipod" and an "Ipad."

4. andrewjv thread starter macrumors newbie

I see "Ipod" in Settings but not on the Screen

I just went into my settings and I see "Ipod" in settings.

Currently it says:

Sound Check "On"
    EQ "OFF"
    Volume Limit "OFF"
    Lyrics & Podcast "ON"

But Ipod does not show up on the Screens any longer.

So I do not know if it is truly there or not.

5. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

I didn't think you could delete the default apps. Originally mine was on the dock with Safari, Mail, and Photos.

6. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Do a spotlight search for iPod by going to the first home screen and swiping right. Then type in "iPod" when the keyboard pops up

You're looking for an orange icon with a white iPod on it.

7. andrewjv thread starter macrumors newbie

I found I-Pod; now how do I drag it back on the screen

Ok! I did the search and found Ipod and when I hit it, it opened up and there was all my music and it started playing just fine. So now, rather than do a search each and every time I want to use I-pod, is there a way to find out where it is on the I-pad and drag it back to the screen as an app? Thanks for all the help so far.

8. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

The iPad home screen has a page limit of 9 or 11, one or the other. If you have enough apps to fill more than you can fit on that limited number of pages the excess icons will be pushed off the end, so to speak. The apps will still be on the unit but they just won't be on the home screen. If your iPod has been pushed to the 12th page because there's no room, then that would explain your problem. Either that or you've jailbroken at some point and hidden the icons.

If you have empty space on any of your screens and you've never jailbroken then I have no idea why the icon would be missing.

9. tmarks11 macrumors 6502a

Scroll right and left by swiping until you find the screen with the iPod app.

Tap and hold on the app until all the app icons start jumping. Now you can drag the app icons around at will. If you use music a lot, then drag it into the "dock" at the bottom of the screen.

If you can't find your iPod app, then delete some unused apps until you get down to within the 12 page limit. You delete them while in the "move app" mode described above.

The iPod ap can not be deleted on a non-jail broke iPad.

10. andrewjv thread starter macrumors newbie

Icon Found

The Icon has been restored. Thank you all for your help. It was moved to one of the middle screens. I have not moved past screen six yet of applications.
    Whew. Now it all works like a charm. I appreciate finding this great website and all your expert help. Have a great day! God Bless!