Anyone Have Verizon's LTE Mifi?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hcho3, Jul 10, 2011.

1. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Quick question for those of you have Verizon's LTE mifi devices...

Please remember that this is not for people who have Verizon's Smartphones and tether.

I am thinking about buying Samsung's 4G Mifi device for my wi-fi iPad and laptop.

Verizon's LTE is blazingly fast and my iPhone 4's 3G speed is nowhere near it.

My question is...

The monthly bill costs 50 dollars a month for 5GB and 80 dollars a month for 10GB.

Do any of you have one of these plans and get discount on your monthly bill?

I have a job that allows me to get discount thru my AT&T's cellphone plan, but I am not sure about Broadband plans. Please help.

2. Chillenout macrumors newbie

Yes. I have a Verizon LTE MiFi. I get a 25% corporate discount off it.

3. hcho3 thread starter macrumors 68030

So, it is true that if I sign up for 50 dollars plan, I will 15% off on my bill thru my employee discount? My company get 15% off on monthly plan with Verizon.

4. Chillenout macrumors newbie

Yeah, that's right.

I've had my mifi for a little over a month, and have already had to suffer thru an outage, but LTE is still new so there's going to be sporadic outages until they get the kinks out.

Also, I only use my wifi at home, but I've heard that people who take the mifi out of a LTE covered area have a really hard time getting LTE back once they're in a covered area